Prerequisites: Create a mMode username from a WAP enabled device.
- POP3 and IMAP4 e-mail accounts can be configured through the My mMode website or Mail & Messaging section within mMode.
- E-mail for these accounts can be sent and received on the wireless phone.
- In order to do this, it is required:
- A valid mMode user name and password.
- An active mMode plan (starting at 2.99 per month).
- One or more POP3 or IMAP4 e-mail accounts.
- Valid user names and passwords for these accounts.
- The address for the POP IMAP servers (contact e-mail provider).
Setup a POP3 or IMAP4 account manually:
Browser images depicted are rendered for xHTML. Actual appearance may vary.
Other POP or IMAP mailboxes will need to be manually configured. Enter the appropriate information in the designated fields.
- From the mMode home page select Mail & Messaging.
- First time users will be prompted to setup a mailbox or IM account. Select Setup Mailboxes.
- Select Personal e-mail.
- Choose from the common list of popular Internet Service Providers or select Other POP or IMAP.
Note: If choosing a pre-defined Internet Service Provider setup has now been completed. Test the setup by accessing e-mail for the selected Internet Service Provider.
Note: ALL fields are required in order to complete the setup not just fields with a * next to them.
Once all the required information has been entered select Save.
- Mailbox name: User defined.
- E-mail username: Enter the e-mail account username.
- Password: Enter the e-mail account password.
- Reply to address: Enter the e-mail address recipients will reply to. Note: All e-mails will show as sent from the mMode mailbox, leave this field blank to have users reply to the mMode mailbox or enter the POP/IMAP e-mail address being created.
- Real name: Enter the name to appear in the from column of the recipients mailbox.
- Server address: Enter the incoming POP or IMAP server address. Common POP3 server names.
- Server protocol: Select the appropriate server type, POP3 or IMAP4.
If no other mailboxes need to be setup select Done.
Test the setup by sending an e-mail.