Just because cell phones have become a near-requirement of modern life, doesn’t mean you can’t save yourself some money by finding one of the cheapest phone plans that meets your needs. In fact, depending on your situation, you might even be able to get some of the best service out there for an affordable rate. Let’s take a look at a few options from AT&T.
The cheapest prepaid cell phone plans from AT&T
For three months: With AT&T PREPAID, you can get three months of prepaid wireless service for only $99 when you pay online up front. That averages out to $33 dollars per month. Taxes and fees extra. See offer details. With this plan you’ll get all of the following:
- Unlimited talk & text
- 8GB high speed data each month (4G LTE); thereafter 128kbps
- Rollover data
- Mobile Hotspot using plan data allotment
- HD Streaming with Stream Saver turned off – up to 1080p
- International text to 100+ countries
- Talk, text, and data usage in and between the U.S., Canada, and Mexico
For 12 months: For AT&T PREPAID customers willing to pay $300 online up front for 12 months of service, you can get this same plan for an average of $25 per month. Taxes and fees extra. See offer details.
Takeaway: When it comes to online prepaid cell phone deals, the more you pay up front, the more you save. Keep in mind, both of these plans provide service on the nation’s best and also fastest network.1
AT&T’s cheapest unlimited plan
If you are looking for unlimited call, text, and data* on a traditional post-paid wireless plan, the AT&T Unlimited Starter2 plan is a great option. With 4 lines, this plan will only cost you $35 each month per line.
* AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy.
Get an affordable plan without buying anything new
Hopefully, one of these plans looks like a good fit for you. You should also know that you won’t necessarily have to buy a new device to sign up for any of these plans. If you already have a compatible phone you like, you can activate it on the AT&T network through the bring your own device program. Between keeping a phone you already have and finding a more affordable plan, you might be able save yourself some money.
This article is AT&T sponsored content written by Matt Johnsen, a TechBuzz contributor. The statements in this article are his own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of AT&T.
- Best Network based on GWS OneScore Sept. 2019.
- AT&T UNLIMITED STARTER: All AT&T wireless services subject to terms and conditions in the Wireless Customer Agreement (att.com/wca). Advertised monthly price includes monthly plan charge for talk, text and data & monthly per-line smartphone access charge for access to such services. Other Device Monthly Charges: $20 per tablet, camera or Connected Car; $25 for Harman Spark; and $10 wearable. OTHER RESTRICTIONS & FEES: Activation/upgrade fee per line (up to $45) & deposit may apply. AUTOPAY & PAPERLESS BILL DISCOUNT: Monthly discount off plan charge ($10 per phone line) when account active & enrolled in both. Discount starts w/in 2 bill cycles. Pay full plan cost until discount starts. UNLIMITED DATA: For use in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands (“Domestic Coverage Area” or “DCA”). DATA RESTRICTIONS: For all data usage, AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy. Off -net (roaming) data may be at 2G speed VIDEO STREAMING: Plan is not eligible for Stream Saver. For content we can identify as video, wireless streaming speed will be slowed to Standard Definition quality. Video speed is capped at Standard Definition, regardless of the network the device is on (for example 4G LTE). Ability to stream, video resolution, and other data usage (including speed) are not guaranteed, may vary, and be affected by other factors. Tethering/mobile hotspot use prohibited except Connected Cars (in car Wi-Fi/vehicle wi-fi hotspots). UNLIMITED TALK: Phones only. Includes calls w/in and between DCA, Mexico & Canada You may be charged for calls to special or premium service numbers and calls to other countries. For rates, see att.com/worldconnect. UNLIMITED TEXT: Compatible phone and rate plan required. Includes unlimited messages up to 1MB in size within and from DCA, Mexico and Canada. For texting to other countries, see att.com/text2world. Messages sent through applications may incur data or other charges. Advanced Messaging: Not available for use in Mexico and Canada. Other restrictions apply & can be found at att.com/advancedmessaging. LIMITS: Select devices only (sold separately). 10 devices/plan. AT&T Wireless Home Phone & Internet, select Wireless Home Phone devices, dedicated mobile hotspot devices, and select laptop air cards are not eligible for these plans. These plans may not be eligible for additional discounts, including but not limited to Signature discounts. AT&T employees & retirees may not be eligible for certain benefits, offers, and discounts associated with these plans. ADDITIONAL MONTHLY FEES & TAXES: Apply per line & include Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee (up to $1.50), Administrative Fee ($1.99) & other fees which are not government-required surcharges as well as taxes. Additional one-time Fees may apply. See att.com/mobilityfees for more details.
All offers, programming, promotions, pricing, terms, restrictions & conditions subject to change & may be modified, discontinued, or terminated at any time without notice.