Why get a 5G phone plan?
If you’re a tech lover and you live in an eligible area, you should definitely consider a 5G phone plan. 5G is a massive step forward in the evolution of wireless technology. It has the power to help you do more of everything you already love doing on your wireless devices—whether that’s playing online games, streaming videos, or downloading high-quality pictures.
The other good news is that there are multiple options out there for 5G plans, so you can be sure to pick one that is right for you. For example, if you want a 5G cell phone plan, you’ll get to decide if you’d prefer a postpaid plan or a prepaid plan.
In this post, we’ll be focusing on some of the benefits of prepaid, but there are advantages to both options.
Prepaid cell phone plans: So much more than just flexibility and good deals
While many people love prepaid phone plans primarily for things like flexibility, affordability, and convenience, that doesn’t mean you can’t also enjoy the latest wireless technology with prepaid service. And yes, that includes 5G.
AT&T PREPAID, for example, offers 5G service1 with the Unlimited Plus plan2. This plan comes with a lot of other great features too, including unlimited talk, text, and data* in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada, 100GBs of personal cloud storage, 10 GB of mobile hotspot data while in the U.S., the ability to wirelessly stream HD video, and unlimited text in more than 100 countries. It’s a truly great plan, and I think it really demonstrates that you can definitely enjoy the flexibility of prepaid without sacrificing quality in other areas.
* After 22GB, AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy
For a limited time, learn how to get AT&T Prepaid’s best unlimited offer online only – the Unlimited Plus plan for $50/month. When you purchase our $75/month plan online and enroll in autopay, you’ll save $25 each month. The AT&T PREPAID Unlimited Plus plan includes 5G access and 10GB mobile hotspot data.3
Shop for a prepaid 5G phone online with AT&T
If you’re looking to get a prepaid 5G phone, you can easily shop for one online with AT&T. Not only will you get a good deal on your device, but when you order online you can get free delivery right to your door.
Already own a 5G phone? No need to buy something new
It’s also worth mentioning that if you already own an eligible 5G phone, you can sign up with a 5G prepaid phone plan without buying anything new. Simply sign up through the AT&T bring your own device program, purchase a SIM Kit and you can activate 5G wireless service from home.
Enjoy your new 5G service!
Hopefully, this post helped clear up any misconceptions you might have had about your 5G options. It’s important to know that you don’t have to choose between the flexibility of a prepaid plan and the advanced technology of 5G.
This article was written by Matt Johnsen, a TechBuzz contributor. The statements in this article are his own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of AT&T.
- AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
- Unlimited Talk & Text: Includes unlimited talk and text within and between the U.S., Mexico & Canada and unlimited text from the U.S. to over 100 countries. For the list of over 100 countries available for texting from the U.S., go to att.com/prepaidintltext. Data: Plan includes 15GB of high-speed data in the U.S., Mexico & Canada. After high-speed data allowance is used, speeds are reduced to a max of 128 Kbps for rest of 30-day term. Mobile Hotspot use included. Video Streaming: Video streams in Standard Definition quality similar to DVD (about 480p). Ability to stream and video resolution may vary and be affected by other factors. For more details on coverage area availability, charges, restrictions and conditions, go to att.com/prepaid. Service provided by AT&T Mobility.
- Ltd. time. Online only. Requires new PREPAID single line account, and device or SIM card purchase. AT&T 5G requires a compatible device and is not available everywhere. See att.com/5Gforyou for details. Taxes and fees extra. Terms & restr’s apply. See offer details.
Limited time. Online only.
You’ll need to
- Sign up online and activate a new line of service on our $75/mo. Unlimited Plus plan
- Enroll in AutoPay and get a $25 AutoPay discount each month
- Purchase a new device or SIM card in the same transaction
- Pay any applicable taxes & fees. First month service charges and taxes are due at sale.
- Not combinable with Multi-Line Accounts or with certain offers or discounts.
- $75/mo. Unlimited Plus plan available in retail with $15 AutoPay discount each month for new lines activated after 11/5/20