It’s an exciting time to be a tech fan. Many of us are looking forward to upgrading to one of the new 5G phones. In fact, some tech fans might be upgrading specifically to enjoy the benefits of 5G. But, did you know that you can’t actually get AT&T 5G service unless you have a 5G wireless plan in an eligible area—even if you have a 5G phone?
What does that mean, exactly? It means that if you have an older AT&T wireless plan, you may want to upgrade to a plan that includes 5G if you want to make the most of your 5G device.
Which AT&T plans provide 5G service?
All of the newest AT&T unlimited data plans now include 5G access1 at no extra charge. (AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy). If you have an older AT&T plan that doesn’t include 5G service, you’re going to want to switch to one of these newer plans.
How to change your AT&T wireless plan
- Sign into your myAT&T online account.
- Go to your Account overview. If you have more than one account, choose the one you want to change.
- Select Change wireless.
- Select Change plan.
- Follow the prompts to finish up. Be sure to select a new AT&T unlimited plan. This should include 5G service if you live in an eligible area.
If you want to do this while you’re on-the-go, you can also access your myAT&T account through the myAT&T mobile app.2
Why is 5G so important, anyway?
There are a lot of reasons to be excited about all of the improvements that will come with 5G. Think of 5G as something that will let you enjoy more of everything you already love about your phone. That means mobile gaming, video calling, fast file downloads, and so much more.
Shop for 5G phones from AT&T
For those who already have access to 5G through their AT&T wireless plan, it might be time to pick up a 5G phone, like the iPhone 12. There are some great options from AT&T. Get FREE express shipping and FREE returns – contactless delivery3 and curbside pickup may also available.4
Enjoy the benefits of 5G service
Hopefully, this post helped you understand how you can get a 5G wireless plan that will help you make the most of your 5G compatible phone and nationwide AT&T 5G coverage.2 Now, go enjoy the benefits of this exciting technology!
This article is AT&T sponsored content written by Matt Johnsen, a TechBuzz contributor. The statements in this article are his own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of AT&T.
- AT&T 5G requires compatible device & plan. 5G may not be available in your area. For coverage details, see att.com/5Gforyou.
- Compatible device/service required. Data rates may apply for app download and usage.
- AT&T Right to You delivery services are brought to you by AT&T or an authorized provider. Select areas only. Learn more.
- Subject to change. Restrictions apply. See att.com/wireless for details.