U-verse Welcome Center
- Order & Installation
- Your First Bill
Connecting to Home Wireless
Your AT&T Wireless network gives you a secure way to enjoy your U-verse Internet service. You can connect your Wi-Fi-enabled device and connect from almost anywhere in your home.
To connect to your Wi-Fi network you'll need to:
- Choose the wireless connection icon on your device and select your network ("ATT" plus the last three digits of the gateway serial number).
- If your network is security-enabled, enter your Wireless Network Password found on the label on the side of your gateway.
- Launch browser and begin browsing.
Find Wi-Fi Network Name & Password
You will need your Wi-Fi network name and password to connect all your Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
Network Name: This is the word "ATT" followed by the last three digits of the gateway serial number ("SN").
Network Password: This is a 10 or 12-digit number located in brackets ("[ ]") or labeled "Wireless Network Key" located on the bottom or side of the gateway.
Note: If you are a Mac OS X user, you may need to enter the "$" character at the beginning of your wireless network key.
No matter how you browse the Internet, you should surf the Web with peace of mind. AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee provides an extra layer of protection between you and malware, Trojan viruses, and hackers.
AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee®
Browse the Internet with confidence knowing that McAfee can help:
- Block and remove viruses and stop them before they harm your laptop or desktop computer.
- Protect and conceal your computer from hackers.
- Block spyware before it installs and remove existing spyware from your computer.
- Unclutter your computer so it stays healthy and secure.
- McAfee® SiteAdvisor® adds security ratings to websites to help you avoid online dangers.
- As long as your subscription is active, automatic updates ensure your computer has the most current security to combat threats. Enhanced, streamlined, and faster performance requires less of your computer's resources than previous versions.
Accessing AT&T Hot Spots
Wi-Fi hotspots can help you connect while you're away from home —and you don't have to worry about data usage while you browse at full speed. You can access Wi-Fi from more than 32,000 hotspot locations across the U.S. With AT&T, you're never far from connecting with what matters to you most.
AT&T Hot Spot Locator
Our Wi-Fi hotspots are available nationwide. To establish an Internet connection on your laptop or mobile device:
- Select attwifi from your list of wireless networks.
- Open your browser to att.net
- Enter a user name, select domain, and enter password.