Programming Other Devices
When you follow these steps, the remote will search through all its stored codes to automatically find a code that works with your TV or other device.
- Turn on the device you want to program and point the remote at it.
- Press and hold the mode button you'll assign to it (TV, DVD, AUX) along with the ENTER button. Hold both buttons for one second, then release both. All mode buttons will flash twice to indicate that the remote is in search mode.
- Search by pressing the SCAN\FF button repeatedly until the device turns off. Pause briefly between each press to give your device enough time to respond. (The selected mode button will flash once for each press of the SCAN\FF button.)
Note: If the equipment does not turn off, and you have searched all available codes, the selected mode button will flash eight times. If this happens, please start over with step 2 above. You can learn more about manually programming equipment codes by visiting AT&T U-verse Support and typing "remote" into the "Ask a Question" box.
- Press the POWER button on your remote. The device should turn on.
- If the device does not turn on, you may have pressed the SCAN\FF button too many times. Press the REW\SCAN button to scan backward and test the POWER button again. If the device still doesn't turn on, refer to your remote's user guide.
- Press the ENTER button to save your settings.
Repeat for any other devices. You can now use the AT&T U-verse remote's mode buttons to control all your devices. (Press the AT&T button to control your AT&T U-verse TV receiver.)