AT&T is bringing its 100% fiber-optic network to more towns
Learn more about U-verse with AT&T GigaPower, which areas are being considered,
and how to stay updated on the expansion.
What is U-verse with AT&T GigaPower?
- A 100% fiber-optic network
- Blazing-fast speeds up to 1Gbps
- The speed you need for all your devices
- Bundling options with cutting-edge TV and voice service
From the same company that provides the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network.1
Where is U-verse with AT&T GigaPower?
Hover to view metros
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CAConfirmed Communities
Campbell, Mountain View, San Jose
Los Angeles, CA
San Diego, CA
Chicago, ILPossible Communities
Chicago, Des Plaines, Glenview, Lombard,
Mount Prospect, Naperville, Park Ridge, Skokie, Wheaton
Cleveland, OHPossible Communities
Akron, Barberton, Bedford, Canton, Cleveland, Massillon
Kansas CityConfirmed Communities
Overland ParkPossible Communities
Independence, Kansas City, Leawood, Shawnee
St. Louis, MOPossible Communities
Chesterfield, Edwardsville, Florissant, Granite City, St. Louis
Dallas, TXShop now
Farmers Branch, Frisco, Grand Prairie, Mesquite, Plano, and Richardson
Austin, TXShop now
San Antonio, TX
Houston, TXConfirmed Communities
Galveston, Pasadena, Pearland, Spring
Nashville, TNConfirmed Communities
Clarksville, Franklin, Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Spring Hill
Raleigh–Durham, NCConfirmed Communities
Cary, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Durham, RaleighPossible Communities
Apex, Garner, Morrisville
Charlotte, NCConfirmed Communities
Atlanta, GAPossible Communities
Atlanta, Alpharetta, Decatur, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Lithonia, Marietta, McDonough, Newnan, Norcross, Woodstock
Jacksonville, FLConfirmed Communities
Orlando, FLPossible Communities
Melbourne, Orlando, Oviedo, Palm Coast, Rockledge, Sanford
Fort Lauderdale, FLPossible Communities
Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Pompano Beach
Miami, FLConfirmed Communities
Are you interested in GigaPower?
Keep in the know! We can notify you when AT&T GigaPower is in your area.
- A high-tech workforce
- New technology possibilities for businesses
- Additional AT&T investment in your local community
- Cutting-edge Internet, voice, and TV from one provider
We look forward to partnering with local leaders to
accelerate deployment and availability across the map.
Which metropolitan areas are being considered for the AT&T GigaPower network?
- We have identified up to 100 cities and municipalities nationwide, including 21 new major metros, for our new wave of expansion. Those include: Atlanta, Augusta, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Fort Worth, Fort Lauderdale, Greensboro, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, Oakland, Orlando, San Antonio, San Diego, St. Louis, San Francisco, and San Jose.
How did you select the metro areas and municipalities for your expansion of AT&T GigaPower?
- We're focused on markets where we provide local services, including home phone, broadband and TV. Our next step is to identify the communities within these markets that demonstrate the strongest investment cases based on anticipated demand, and the most receptive policies. This combination will help influence our final selections.
If a market isn’t included in your list of candidate metro areas or municipalities, is there still an opportunity to be considered?
- Yes, we are open to hearing from community leaders within our local service territory – areas where we provide home phone, broadband and TV services – that can show strong investment cases based on anticipated demand, in addition to receptive policies.
Will your expansion efforts begin this year?
- Yes, we do expect construction and deployment to begin in some communities this year.
When will you offer AT&T GigaPower across all of your markets?
- We remain committed to investing in our communities and delivering the technology people want. Right now, we are focused on this next wave of expansion. As new plans and information become available, we will share.
Will you offer AT&T GigaPower to businesses?
- We do offer GigaPower to businesses today, and we plan to offer fiber services to businesses in the new markets as well.
How is AT&T GigaPower different than my existing U-verse service?
- GigaPower offers Internet broadband speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second, our fastest home Internet speed in the U.S. It also offers enhanced TV services, including the ability to record more shows simultaneously, playback and watch more HD programs at the same time, and greater DVR storage capacity.
How fast is 1 Gigabit service?
- With speeds of up to 1 Gigabit per second, you can download 25 songs in one second, download your favorite TV show in less than 3 seconds, or download an online HD movie in less than 36 seconds.2
How much will AT&T GigaPower cost and what is included?
- It is too soon to share specifics around our future pricing/offers.
I live in a community that AT&T serves and I really want GigaPower. How can I make sure my community is on your list?
- We will need to first work with your city leaders to make sure there are strong investment cases and receptive policies for an expansion. If you want to stay informed on our progress, please submit your information above.
What if I'm a city leader and I want to discuss the opportunity of AT&T GigaPower in my city?
- Local city leaders can reach us by contacting their local AT&T external affairs representative, or emailing us.