AT&T is bringing its 100% fiber-optic network to more towns
Learn more about U-verse with GigaPower, which areas are being considered,
and how to stay updated on the expansion.
What is AT&T U-verse with GigaPower?
- A 100% fiber-optic network
- Blazing-fast speeds up to 1Gbps
- The speed you need for all your devices
- Bundling options with cutting-edge TV and voice service
From the same company that provides the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network.1
What metro areas may be getting
AT&T U-verse with GigaPower?
Hover to view metros
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CAPossible Communities
Mountain View, San Jose
Los Angeles, CA
San Diego, CA
Chicago, ILPossible Communities
Chicago, Des Plaines, Glenview, Lombard,
Mount Prospect, Naperville, Park Ridge, Skokie, Wheaton
Cleveland, OHPossible Communities
Akron, Barberton, Bedford, Canton, Cleveland, Massillon
Kansas CityPossible Communities
Independence, Kansas City, Leawood, Overland Park, Shawnee
St. Louis, MOPossible Communities
Chesterfield, Edwardsville, Florissant, Granite City, St. Louis
Dallas, TXConfirmed Communities
Allen, Dallas, Fairview, Highland Park, Irving, McKinney, and University ParkPossible Communities
Farmer’s Branch, Frisco, Grand Prairie, Mesquite, Plano, and Richardson
Fort Worth, TXConfirmed Communities
Arlington, Euless, Fort Worth, Granbury, North Richland Hills, Weatherford, and Willow ParkPossible Communities
Austin, TXShop now
San Antonio, TX
Houston, TXPossible Communities
Galveston, Houston, Katy, Pasadena, Pearland, Spring
Nashville, TNConfirmed Communities
Clarksville, Franklin, Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Spring Hill
Raleigh–Durham, NCConfirmed Communities
Cary, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Durham, RaleighPossible Communities
Apex, Garner, Morrisville
Charlotte, NCPossible Communities
Charlotte, Gastonia, Huntersville
Atlanta, GAPossible Communities
Atlanta, Alpharetta, Decatur, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Lithonia, Marietta, McDonough, Newnan, Norcross, Woodstock
Jacksonville, FLPossible Communities
Jacksonville, St. Augustine
Orlando, FLPossible Communities
Melbourne, Orlando, Oviedo, Palm Coast, Rockledge, Sanford
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Miami, FLPossible Communities
Hialeah, Hollywood, Homestead,
Miami, Opa-Locka, Pompano Beach
Are you interested in GigaPower?
Want to stay informed on the progress of U-verse with GigaPower?
Provide your contact information, and we'll send you the latest updates.
- A high-tech workforce
- New technology possibilities for businesses
- Additional AT&T investment in your local community
- Cutting-edge Internet, voice, and TV from one provider
We look forward to partnering with local leaders to
accelerate deployment and availability across the map.
Which metropolitan areas is AT&T considering for expansion of U-verse with GigaPower?
- We have identified up to 100 cities and municipalities nationwide, including 21 new major metros, for our new wave of expansion. Those include: Atlanta, Augusta, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Fort Worth, Fort Lauderdale, Greensboro, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, Oakland, Orlando, San Antonio, San Diego, St. Louis, San Francisco, and San Jose.
How did you select the metro areas and municipalities for your expansion of U-verse with GigaPower?
- We're focused on markets where we provide local services, including home phone, broadband and TV. Our next step is to identify the communities within these markets that demonstrate the strongest investment cases based on anticipated demand, and the most receptive policies. This combination will help influence our final selections.
If a market isn’t included in your list of candidate metro areas or municipalities, is there still an opportunity to be considered?
- Yes, we are open to hearing from community leaders within our local service territory – areas where we provide home phone, broadband and TV services – that can show strong investment cases based on anticipated demand, in addition to receptive policies.
Will your expansion efforts begin this year?
- Yes, we do expect construction and deployment to begin in some communities this year.
When will you offer AT&T U-verse with GigaPower across all of your markets?
- We remain committed to investing in our communities and delivering the technology people want. Right now, we are focused on this next wave of expansion. As new plans and information become available, we will share.
Will you offer AT&T U-verse with GigaPower to businesses?
- We do offer GigaPower to businesses in Austin today, and we plan to offer fiber services to businesses in the new markets as well.
How is AT&T U-verse with GigaPower different than my existing U-verse service?
- AT&T U-verse with GigaPower will offer Internet broadband speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second, our fastest home Internet speed in the U.S. It also offers enhanced TV services, including the ability to record more shows simultaneously, playback and watch more HD programs at the same time, and greater DVR storage capacity.
How fast is 1 Gigabit service?
- With speeds of up to 1 Gigabit per second, you can download 25 songs in one second, download your favorite TV show in less than 3 seconds, or download an online HD movie in less than 36 seconds.2
How much will AT&T U-verse with GigaPower cost and what is included?
- It is too soon to share specifics around our future pricing/offers. We offer these services today in Austin and surrounding communities.
I live in a community that AT&T serves and I really want U-verse with GigaPower. How can I make sure your my community is on your list?
- We will need to first work with your city leaders to make sure there are strong investment cases and receptive policies for an expansion. If you want to stay informed on our progress, please submit your information above.
What if I'm a city leader and I want to discuss the opportunity of AT&T U-verse with GigaPower in my city?
- Local city leaders can reach us by contacting their local AT&T external affairs representative, or emailing us.