Let’s get started
I already have AT&T services
Give us a call and we’ll help you move your current service to your new address.
I’d like to get AT&T services
See what’s available at your new address and place your order online
Your guide to an organized move
Here’s a handy checklist to help guide you through the moving process.
- Start a checklist of moving to-dos.
- Create a folder for all of your estimates and contracts.
- Begin a running inventory of all the items you’re moving.
- Clearly label the outside of every box you pack with a unique identifier.
- Keep a corresponding ledger that details the contents of each box.
- Stock up on boxes, bubble wrap, tape, markers, and notepads. Pro tip—you can usually get boxes for free at big-box stores.
- Start packing. Begin with lesser-used items, label the outside of each box, and make a note of what’s inside and which room the box should go into at your new place.
- Review estimates and decide on a moving company. Make sure to confirm the cost, date, and destination address with them.
- Schedule your utility service changes. Try to overlap connections by a day or two so you have electricity, water, gas, and connectivity at both your old home and your new one.
- Don’t forget to submit change-of-address forms at the U.S. Postal Service!
- Use up food from the freezer and pantry. Give non-perishable items to a local food bank so they don’t go to waste.
- If you’re new to AT&T, download the Smart Home Manager* app, select ‘New User’ and begin setup of your devices. You can also watch this video to get ready for your service installation appointment.
- Consider bringing your car in for a service appointment—especially if you’re traveling long-distance to your new place.
- Don’t forget to update your bank, credit cards, employer’s HR department, and any other important contacts about your move.
Frequently asked questions
- I’m moving, how do I transfer my AT&T or DIRECTV services?It only takes a few minutes to transfer your current AT&T service or to choose a new Internet or TV plan if your old one isn't available at your new address. To transfer your AT&T Internet service, contact a moving specialist at 800.288.2020.
To transfer your DIRECTV service, call 855.625.8891.
- I’m moving, how can I get AT&T services at my new home if I’m not a current AT&T customer?If you’re moving to a new area and are not a current AT&T customer, the first step is to see which AT&T Internet and DIRECTV plans are available at your new address. Once you find the best Internet or TV plan or bundle for you, you can place your order online. You can check availability at your new address here.
- Does AT&T charge to move Internet or TV service?If you have AT&T Internet or home phone service, activation fees are typically waived depending on your current service plan. If there is an activation fee, it would be the same as when you had your service installed the first time.
For DIRECTV customers, the moving process will depend on whether you have DIRECTV or DIRECTV STREAM. You can check here for details and directions on how to transfer your DIRECTV service.
- Can I make changes to my AT&T service when I move?Of course! It is easy to upgrade or change your current AT&T service by calling one of our moving specialists at 800.288.2020.
- I’m transferring my Internet or TV service to a new home, should I take my equipment with me?Yes, if you’re transferring your AT&T service, you should take your equipment with you to your new home. If you are an AT&T Internet customer, you will want to bring your AT&T Wi-Fi gateway, which functions as both a modem and a router.
If you are transferring your DIRECTV service, you should take your receivers, remotes, and owner's manual with you. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, he or she will take back what isn't needed. However, if you have a DIRECTV dish, leave it installed at your old address.
Moving Your AT&T Internet and DIRECTV Service
Moving your service doesn’t have to be stressful
There’s a lot of stress that comes with finding a new place to live. With AT&T, moving your service doesn’t have to be one of them. You can start the process of transferring your current AT&T internet service to a new address in just a few minutes. Just contact a moving specialist at 800.288.2020, share your preferred installation date, and you’ll get a confirmation email within 24 hours. That’s pretty much all there is to it.
Changing your AT&T Internet or TV plan when you move
If your current plan isn’t available at your new address or you want to change your DIRECTV package or AT&T Internet plan for some other reason, just let your moving specialist know. They can help you upgrade or change your plan at your new address.
New to AT&T? Get your service started at your new home
If you’re planning on moving and not a current AT&T customer, now might be a great time to get started with AT&T Internet, DIRECTV, or a TV and internet bundle. There are plenty of great plans and packages to get you started. Wouldn’t it be nice to have fast, reliable internet and some great entertainment options at your new place? You can check availability at your new address here.