Making phone service even more affordable.
Because phone service is so important in today's world, AT&T believes everyone should have access to it. We offer two discounted telephone service plans to make basic phone service even more affordable for qualified customers.
- Lifeline Michigan — provides qualified customers with discounted phone service and the ability to add additional services and features.
- Tribal Lands Lifeline — Additional discounts are available to qualified customers who live on current or former tribal lands.*
To qualify, you must participate in one of the following programs or your household income must be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. (Additional qualifying programs for Tribal Lands Lifeline are listed in the application.)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing/Section 8 Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch – Free Lunch Program
- Family Independence Program (FIP, formerly TANF)
- Total household income at or below 150% of federal poverty guidelines. (Please see application for details.)
Customers residing on federally recognized Tribal Lands may be eligible for Lifeline based on participating in any of the above programs. In addition, Tribal lands residents may also qualify by the following programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally administered TANF
- Head Start (Tribal only and must meet income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
If qualified, Lifeline Michigan customers receive the following benefits:
- Monthly discount on basic service over $10.00 for regular Lifeline Michigan with an additional $2.25 discount for seniors 65 and over. Depending on the call plan option you select, you may not be charged anything for your local access line service for the Tribal Lands Lifeline Plan
- Waiver of deposit for local service1
- Optional toll restriction at no charge1
- Optional blocking of 900/976 numbers
- Additional lines allowed2
- Optional services available (e.g., Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.)
- Optional blocking of pay-per-use (e.g., 3-Way Calling, etc.)
Please note the following:
- Lifeline is a federal benefit;
- To qualify, you must receive benefits from an approved program or your income must be at or below the guidelines;
- You must provide certain eligibility documentation and willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment or being barred from the program;
- Only one wireline or wireless Lifeline benefit is available per household;
- A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses;
- A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers;
- Violation of the one-per-household limitation constitutes a violation of the Federal Communications Commission's rules and will result in the subscriber's de-enrollment from the program; and
- Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
Download the Lifeline Michigan Regular and Tribal Lands Applications in PDF format.
Download the AT&T Lifeline Household Worksheet (47 KB) in PDF format and mail in with your Lifeline Michigan Application, if applicable.
Note: PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free.
Call 1-888-256-5378 to sign up for Lifeline Michigan today.
Weekdays, 8 am to 7 pm, Saturday, 8 am to 5 pm.
* Additional discounts are available to qualified customers who live on current or former tribal lands (as defined in Title 47 – Code of Federal Regulations, Section 54.400(e).
1Deposit waived on new local service only. If customer has outstanding toll debt, toll restriction required.
2Lifeline Michigan plan benefits are only applicable on one phone line at the customer's principal place of residence.
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Some service restrictions may apply.