End User License Agreement for
AT&T Remote Access Support
By clicking “Accept” you agree to the AT&T Remote Access Support Terms and Conditions for use of this service.
You agree and acknowledge that while utilizing this service, AT&T support personnel will have the ability to view and access all your wireless device information. Some examples include email, Photos, Contact List, Apps and device specific information. You also agree and acknowledge that, during the course of the Remote Access Support session, AT&T will collect data about your device, its components, and the applications on your device.
BY USING THE AT&T REMOTE ACCESS SUPPORT APPLICATION, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU READ AND AGREE WITH THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF(OR CANNOT COMPLY WITH) THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION AND DO NOT CLICK THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON.
THIS APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OLD, YOU MAY NOT USE THIS APPLICATION OR PROVIDE AT&T WITH ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. IF YOU ARE 13 OR OLDER BUT NOT OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT, YOU SHOULD REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU AND YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
BY CLICKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON OR DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THE APPLICATION, YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE EITHER OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE, OR ARE AN EMANCIPATED MINOR, OR POSSESS LEGAL PARENTAL OR GUARDIAN CONSENT, AND THAT YOU ARE FULLY ABLE AND COMPETENT TO ENTER INTO THE TERMS, CONDITIONS, OBLIGATIONS, AFFIRMATIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS LICENSE AND IN THE RELATED AGREEMENTS, AND TO ABIDE BY AND COMPLY WITH THIS LICENSE AND THE RELATED AGREEMENTS.
THIS AGREEMENT IS SUBJECT TO THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE OF YOUR APPLICABLE WIRELESS CUSTOMER AGREEMENT, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME.
Your installation and use of the Application also may be governed by terms and conditions required by (i) any applicable third party content and service providers, (ii) the manufacturer and other providers of Your Device and its hardware and software components, including its operating system, (iii) the applicable distributor through which You obtain the Application, (iv) the applicable wireless customer agreement for Your Device, and (v) any applicable open source or third party software license ((i) through (v), including without limitation those terms listed in the “Third Party Terms” section of this License, collectively being referred to as the “Related Agreements”). No Related Agreement, however, shall have the effect of limiting, encumbering or otherwise restricting AT&T’s rights and remedies or Your obligations under this Agreement, or waiving any restrictions on Your rights to use the Application under this Agreement. This Agreement shall not have the effect of limiting, encumbering or otherwise restricting AT&T’s rights and remedies or Your obligations under any Related Agreement between You and AT&T, or waiving any restrictions on Your rights under any Related Agreement between You and AT&T. Your use of the Application is governed by terms and conditions in the applicable wireless customer agreement for Your Device.
If AT&T makes any updates or upgrades to the Application available to You, such updates or upgrades shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement unless the Application is expressly provided to You under other, or additional terms and conditions, in which case, those other, or additional terms and conditions (which may include the payment of additional fees), shall apply. This Application may be downloaded and used only by wireless customers of AT&T.
1. THE APPLICATION: The Application allows AT&T to remotely access, manage, and troubleshoot your wireless device. It also allows AT&T support personnel to access your device for the purposes of providing customer care and other support functions. You agree and acknowledge that while utilizing this service, AT&T support personnel will have access to your device and its contents. Voice, data and messaging rates may apply when You use this Application.
1.1 This Application may disclose or allow the disclosure of Your personal information, including without limitation Your name, photos, contacts, preferences, usage, or other information. By using the Application, You consent to any applicable disclosure of Your personal information by the Application. This serves as notice to You that the Application may disclose Your personal information, and You may not receive any reminders or further notice.
2. LICENSE GRANT AND USE RESTRICTIONS.
2.1 License Grant. Subject to the restrictions set forth in Section 2.1, AT&T grants You a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to install and use one copy of the Application on a single device owned and controlled by You (“Device”), and to access and use the Application on such Device solely for Your personal use, strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions of this License, the Related Agreements, and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations. You represent, warrant and agree that You are using the Application solely for Your own personal use and not for redistribution or transfer of any kind. This Application may be used in the United States only.
2.2 Restrictions on Use. You shall not: (a) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, or decrypt the Application, even for research purposes; (b) make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation or derivative work from the Application; (c) violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with Your access or use of the Application; (d) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) of AT&T or its collaborators, suppliers or licensors; (e) use the Application in a manner that derives revenue directly from such use, or use the Application for any other purpose for which it is not designed or intended; (f) install, use or permit the Application to exist on more than one Device at a time or on any other mobile device or computer; (g) distribute the Application to multiple Devices; (h) make the Application available over a network or other environment permitting access or use by multiple Devices or users at the same time; (i) use the Application for creating a product, service or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for any services, product or software offered by AT&T; (j) use the Application to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail; (k) use any proprietary information or interfaces of AT&T or other intellectual property of AT&T in the design, development, manufacture, licensing or distribution of any applications, accessories or devices for use with the Application; (l) circumvent, disable or tamper with any security-related components or other protective measures applicable to the Application or the Device or (m) reproduce, archive, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, lease, rent, exchange, modify, broadcast, synchronize, publicly perform, publish, publicly display, make available to third parties, transfer or circulate the Application. You agree to abide by the rules and policies established from time to time by AT&T. Such rules and policies may include, for example, required or automated updates, modifications, and/or reinstallations of the Application and obtaining available patches to address security, interoperability or performance issues. These obligations survive termination of this Agreement.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
3.1 Rights to Application. You acknowledge and agree that the Application, any copies thereof (including without limitation any copy that You download, install, or use on Your Device), and all copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of AT&T or its collaborators, licensors, or suppliers. Furthermore, You acknowledge and agree that the source and object code of the Application and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Application are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of AT&T and its collaborators, licensors and suppliers. Title to the Application shall remain with AT&T. AT&T and its collaborators, licensors, and suppliers reserve the right to change, suspend, terminate, remove, impose limits on the use of or access to, disable access to, or require the return of the Application (or any copy thereof) at any time without notice and will have no liability for doing so. Except as expressly stated in this Agreement, You are not granted any intellectual property rights in or to the Application by implication, estoppel or other legal theory, and all rights in and to the Application not expressly granted in this Agreement are hereby reserved and retained by AT&T. These obligations survive termination of this Agreement.
3.2 AT&T Marks. You acknowledge and agree that the following company names and their related logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are trademarks and service marks owned by and used under license from AT&T: “AT&T”; “AT&T Remote Access Support” (the “AT&T Marks”). You are not authorized to use the AT&T Marks in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of AT&T, which may be withheld for any or no reason. These obligations survive termination of this Agreement.
3.3 Open Source Software. The Application may utilize or include third party software that is subject to open source license terms (“Open Source Software”). You acknowledge and agree that Your right to use such Open Source Software as part of the Application is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of any applicable open source license, including, without limitation, any applicable acknowledgements, license terms and disclaimers contained therein (collectively, the “Open Source License Terms”). In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Open Source License Terms, the Open Source License Terms shall control.
4. TERM AND TERMINATION. This Agreement shall be effective until terminated. AT&T may, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any or no reason, suspend or terminate this Agreement and the rights afforded to You hereunder with or without prior notice. Furthermore, if You fail to comply with any terms and conditions of this Agreement, then this Agreement and any rights afforded to You hereunder shall terminate automatically, without any notice or other action by AT&T. Upon the termination of this Agreement, You shall cease all use of the Application and uninstall the Application. AT&T may, without notice to You, disable the Application. AT&T will not be liable to You or any third party for compensation, indemnity, or damages of any sort as a result of terminating this Agreement in accordance with its terms, and termination of this Agreement will be without prejudice to any other right or remedy AT&T may have, now or in the future. These obligations survive termination of this Agreement.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN OR ACCESSED THEREBY, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS’ AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND THAT YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION. AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND GUARANTIES REGARDING THE APPLICATION , WHETHER ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND WHETHER ARISING BY LAW, STATUTE, USAGE OF TRADE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PARTIES, OR THE NATURE OR CONTEXT OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHERMORE, AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) THE APPLICATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY, SECURE, FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR ERROR-FREE; (III) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL BE AS REPRESENTED OR MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (IV) ANY ERRORS IN THE APPLICATION WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM AT&T OR FROM THE APPLICATION SHALL CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTY. FURTHERMORE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OTHERWISE SUPPORT OR MAINTAIN THE APPLICATION. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED OR SUITABLE FOR USE IN SITUATIONS OR ENVIRONMENTS WHERE THE PERFORMANCE OF, USE OR MISUSE OF, FAILURE OF, OR ERRORS OR INACCURACIES IN THE CONTENT, DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY, THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL, PROPERTY, OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE APPLICATION WILL BE COMPATIBLE OR INTEROPERABLE WITH YOUR DEVICE OR ANY OTHER PIECE OF HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, EQUIPMENT OR DEVICE INSTALLED ON OR USED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR DEVICE. FURTHERMORE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT COMPATIBILITY AND INTEROPERABILITY PROBLEMS CAN CAUSE THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR DEVICE TO DIMINISH OR FAIL COMPLETELY, AND MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, LOSS OF THE DATA LOCATED ON YOUR DEVICE, AND CORRUPTION OF THE SOFTWARE AND FILES LOCATED ON YOUR DEVICE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS, AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES SUFFERED, RESULTING FROM OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH COMPATIBILITY OR INTEROPERABILITY PROBLEMS. SHOULD THE APPLICATION PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE BURDEN OF ALL NECESSARY EXPENSES, SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. THIS SECTION 5 SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
NOTWITHSTANDING AND WITHOUT WAIVING THE FOREGOING, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE RELATED AGREEMENTS MAY PROVIDE LIMITED REMEDIES TO YOU.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL AT&T, ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS, NOR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ACCIDENTS, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR DISTRIBUTION OF, THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE, OR YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE APPLICATION, WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, AT&T’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED TWO DOLLARS ($2.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THIS SECTION 6 SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
7. INDEMNIFICATION. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless AT&T and its collaborators, suppliers and licensors, and their officers, directors, agents and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any claim, proceeding, loss, damage, fine, penalty, interest and expense (including, without limitation, fees for attorneys and other professional advisors) arising out of or in connection with the following: (i) Your access to or use of the Application; (ii) Your breach of this Agreement; (iii) Your violation of law; (iv) Your negligence or willful misconduct; or (v) Your violation of the rights of a third party. You will promptly notify AT&T in writing of any third-party claim arising out of or in connection with Your access to or use of the Application. These obligations survive termination of this Agreement.
8. MISCELLANEOUS. The following provisions survive termination of this License:
8.1 Governing Law, Limitation on Actions. This Agreement shall be deemed to take place in the State of New York and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflicts of law principles. This Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, You and AT&T agree that any cause of action arising out of or relating to the Application or Your use of the Application must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. This Section is not intended to and does not alter any provisions of Your applicable wireless customer agreement.
8.2 Severability. If any provision of this License is held to be invalid or unenforceable with respect to a party, the remainder of this License, or the application of such provision to persons other than those to whom it is held invalid or unenforceable shall not be affected and each remaining provision of this License shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8.3 Waiver. Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or require performance of an obligation under this License shall not affect a party’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach constitute waiver of any subsequent breach.
8.4 Jurisdictional Issues, Export Control. This Application is intended for use within the United States of America. AT&T makes no representation that this Application is appropriate or available for use in other locations. If You choose to access or use the Application from other locations, You do so on Your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Access to the Application from jurisdictions in which the Application, in whole or in part, is illegal or penalized is prohibited. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which the Application was obtained. You represent and warrant that You are not (a) located in any country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, or (b) listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties including the Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List. You also agree that You will not use the Application for any purposes prohibited by United States law.
8.5 U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Application was developed at private expense and is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraphs (a) through (d) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted Rights clause at FAR 52.227-19 when applicable, or in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause of DFARS and in similar clauses in the NASA FAR Supplement, and their successors, and all other Federal laws and regulations that protect Licensor rights in privately developed commercial software.
8.6 Performance or Benchmark Testing. You may not disclose the results of any benchmark test using the Application to any third party without AT&T’s prior written approval.
8.7 Modification or Amendment. AT&T may modify or amend the terms of this Agreement at any time, with or without notice to You, by posting a copy of the modified or amended Agreement available through the Application or at http://www.att.com/legal/terms.MobilityRemoteAccessEndUserLicenseAgreement.html. You will be deemed to have agreed to any such modification or amendment by Your decision to continue using the Application following the date in which the modified or amended Agreement is made available through the Application or the referenced website.
8.8 Survival. Any provisions of this Agreement which by their express language or by their context are intended to survive the termination of this Agreement shall survive such termination.
8.9 Third Party Beneficiaries. Except as explicitly provided in this Agreement or in the Related Agreements, nothing contained in this Agreement is intended or shall be construed to confer upon any person (other than the parties hereto) any rights, benefits or remedies of any kind or character, or to create any obligations or liabilities of a party to any such person.
8.10 No Transfer by You. You may not rent, lease, lend, sublicense, assign or transfer the Application, this Agreement or any of the rights granted hereunder. Any attempted transfer in contravention of this provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect. These obligations survive termination of this Agreement. AT&T may assign this Agreement without restriction.
8.11 Entire Agreement. This Agreement including the documents incorporated herein by reference constitute the entire agreement with respect to the use of the Application licensed hereunder and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter.
Third Party Terms. The Application is compatible with certain Huawei, HTC, LG, Motorola, Pantech, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and BlackBerry devices. The below Third Party Terms are incorporated herein and made part of this License: RIM.
RIM. If Your Device is manufactured by Research In Motion Ltd. (“RIM”) or if You obtain the downloadable Application through the BlackBerry App World, You acknowledge and agree that RIM and any merchant of record (“MoR”) that made this Application available to You within the BlackBerry App World are third party beneficiaries to this Agreement, and that, upon Your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, both RIM and any MoR will have the right to enforce this Agreement against You in its capacity as a third party beneficiary to the Agreement.