WARRANTY EXCHANGE PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AT&T Mobility LLC ("AT&T") offers its current customers the ability to exchange defective wireless devices that are Eligible Devices (as defined below) during the applicable warranty period (as set forth below) subject to the AT&T's Warranty Exchange Program (the "Program") terms and conditions (the "Terms & Conditions") as set forth below. These Terms & Conditions have an Effective Date of May 24, 2017. The purpose of the Program is to facilitate the warranty exchange of Eligible Devices on behalf of the device manufacturer for persons who are current customers of AT&T at the time of the exchange. Former AT&T customers are not eligible for the Program and must exchange their defective devices by contacting the device manufacturer directly. For the terms and conditions of the manufacturer's warranty, refer to the in-box materials provided with your original device purchase or contact the manufacturer.
1. Eligible Devices
Except as set forth below, any new, AT&T Certified-Like-New ("CLN") or Certified Restored ("CR") wireless data or voice device that is purchased from AT&T directly or through one of its authorized retailers who sells AT&T service or a device that has previously been replaced by insurance (i.e. Asurion) is eligible for the Program (each, an "Eligible Device"). Eligible Devices do not include:
- Any device not purchased from AT&T or its authorized retailers or replaced by insurance (i.e. Asurion);
- Any device repaired by any third party other than the manufacturer of the device;
- Any device that is AT&T Certified Pre-Owned;
- Any wearables such as an Apple Watch, Samsung Gear or fitness tracker;
- Any new Apple device;
- Any Apple Certified Replacement Device;
- Any device that is received by AT&T before the beginning of or after the end of the applicable warranty period as set forth below;
- Any device that AT&T determines is not defective;
- Any device that has either physical or water damage as a result of misuse by the customer or as a result of using a third-party accessory which has not been approved by the device manufacturer or is excluded by the manufacturer's warranty, as determined by AT&T in the exercise of its sole judgment; and
- Any device belonging to any person who is not an AT&T customer at the time of the defect is discovered.
Devices described in a) through j) above are defined as "Ineligible Devices."
2. Warranty Periods for Eligible Devices.
For devices purchased directly from AT&T or through one of its authorized retailers, the warranty period for the Program begins on the 15th day following the purchase of the device for consumer accounts and on the 31st day for business accounts. With respect to an AT&T CLN or CR device, the warranty period ends on the 90th day following such purchase, and with respect to a device purchased new, the warranty period ends on the 365th day following such purchase.
For new, CLN and CR devices replaced by insurance (i.e. Asurion), the warranty period begins on the 31st day following the replacement and ends on the 365th day following the date of the insurance replacement.
3. Eligible Device Replacement Process – For Current AT&T Customers Only
- Following acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, AT&T will ship a replacement device (the "Replacement Device") and return kit (the "Return Kit") for your defective Eligible Device. Unless you elect and pay for expedited delivery, the Replacement Device and the Return Kit will be shipped via United States Postal Service with up to a five (5) business day delivery time.
- The Return Kit will include a prepaid return shipping label which must be used to return the defective Eligible Device. You must pack your defective Eligible Device using the same shipping material included in the Replacement Device box.
- You should not include any removable parts with your returned defective Eligible Device, including, without limitation any of the following:
- Back cover;
- SIM Card;
- SIM Tray;
- Memory Card;
- Any accessory such as a charger or
- Any item that was not included with the Replacement Device provided by AT&T.
- You should save any contacts to your SIM card prior to returning the defective Eligible Device. You should also save any pictures, data or other personal information to a memory card or other form of electronic storage.
- AT&T shall have no responsibility to return or dispose of in any particular way, any removable parts included with your returned defective Eligible Device.
- You should obtain and keep a copy of the USPS receipt for your records at the time of drop-off.
- The warranty replacement process is considered final upon AT&T's acceptance of your defective Eligible Device in exchange for the Replacement Device. Once AT&T determines your device is eligible and accepted for the exchange, it will not be returned to you.
- Once you receive your Replacement Device, you will have 10 days to return the defective Eligible Device using the Return Kit. Alternatively, you may rescind the warranty exchange and keep your current device provided that you return the Replacement Device to AT&T within 10 days of receipt using the Return Kit.
- For Postpaid Devices: If we do not receive the defective Eligible Device (or the Replacement Device) within 14 days of you receiving the Replacement Device, you will be charged the full replacement value of the Replacement Device on an upcoming bill.
- For Prepaid Devices: There are several additional requirements to replace a prepaid device: (1) The prepaid account must be open for 15 days; (2) You must have a valid credit card or debit card on file at the time you seek a replacement; (3) You authorize AT&T to place a charge on your credit card or debit card in the amount equal to the full replacement value of the device. If your defective Eligible Device is received within 14 days of you receiving the Replacement Device, AT&T will credit the amount charged for the Replacement Device to your payment card. You should expect to receive the credit within two weeks of AT&T's receipt of your returned Eligible Device. If we do not receive the defective Eligible Device (or the Replacement Device) within 14 days of you receiving the Replacement Device, you will be charged the full replacement value of the Replacement Device.
- For Ineligible Devices: Any Ineligible Devices are considered out of warranty, are not replaceable and will be returned to you. In the event that AT&T determines that you have returned an Ineligible Device, you will receive a charge for the full value of the Replacement Device. This charge will be billed on your next regular monthly billing statement or charged to your credit card or debit card.