Frequently Asked Questions
AT&T MOBILE SHARE® VALUE PLANS
Beginning Sunday, March 9, 2014 AT&T is extending even more savings to one and two line accounts by introducing a new 2GB data plan.
Now for $65 a month an individual smartphone customer can get 2GB of data with:
- Unlimited talk & text and
- Unlimited messaging from the U.S to the world1 which includes text, picture or video messages sent from the U.S., Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands to all countries AT&T supports today. The great news is Mobile Share and Mobile Share Value customers don’t have to do a thing, they get it automatically. Visit att.com/text2world to learn more
- And also with AT&T Locker, get 50GB of free cloud storage; for more information go to att.com/locker
As a reminder, on February 2, 2014 we announced our best-ever pricing for families and now we are offering our best-ever pricing to customers with 1 and 2 smartphones on our new Mobile Share Value plans.
What are the benefits of the Mobile Share Value plans?
No Annual Service Contract Options – now it is more affordable than ever for customers to sign up for a shared data plan.
- No Annual Service Contract available on the following:
- AT&T NextSM
- Full retail price
- Out-of-annual -contract customers
- Customers who bring their own device (BYOD)
- Unlimited talk and text, and unlimited messaging to the world for phones2 See messaging details.
- Ability to share data with up to 10 devices.
- Mobile hotspot is included for capable devices.
- Smartphone customers who choose a No Annual Service Contract Option on plans with 6GB or less can save $15/month on the smartphone line when compared to the pricing for 2 year agreements.
- Smartphone customers who choose a No Annual Service Contract Option on plans with 10GB or higher can save $25/month on the smartphone line when compared to the pricing for 2 year agreements.
How do I know which Mobile Share Value plan is right for me?
It’s simple; With AT&T Mobile Share Value you pay a monthly plan charge for data that can be shared across devices plus a monthly charge per device. AT&T plans include unlimited talk, text, and unlimited messaging to the world. To help you determine the amount of data you need, we have developed a Mobile Share planner tool to make it easy to choose the data plan that best fits your needs. Please visit att.com/att/planner.
If I am an existing customer on a 2GB plan how can I take advantage of the new 2GB pricing?
Current customers on Mobile Share Value 2GB plan/$55 per month (for data) will need to migrate to the new Mobile Share Value 2GB plans/$40 per month (for data) in order to take advantage of the new rates. Customers can switch to this plan at any time and no contract extension is required.
What are the benefits for existing customers under a two-year service agreement prior to March 9, 2014?
All current 2-year agreement customers (i.e. FamilyTalk, Nation, original Mobile Share or Mobile Share Value) prior to March 9, 2014, who change their plans to our new Mobile Share Value 2GB, 4GB, or 6GB plans are also eligible for the $25 per month rate. Please visit myatt.com and login to your account to see how much you can save.
Customers who choose to upgrade at the end of their current agreement are required to sign-up for AT&T NEXTSM, bring their own device or purchase a phone at full retail price in order to keep this discounted pricing.
Are there any Mobile Share Value plan differences for my Business that I should consider?
All the business specific details around our Mobile Share Value plans can be reviewed at www.att.com/attmobileshare
I see that you removed the 1GB and 8GB plans. If I am a 1GB customer what does that mean for me?
You can stay on the 1GB plan or for $5 less you can move to the 2GB plan and get more data.
How do I sign up for AT&T Locker?
If the Locker app is not already installed on your phone, you can download it from the app store on your device or log into AT&T Locker (you may need to register an AT&T Access ID if you don’t already have one) on the app or web (www.att.com/locker) and select the Account tab and then My Plan. You will be presented with an upgrade button that allows you to upgrade to the 50GB plan for free.3 See AT&T Locker details.
Are messages received from an international number included? (i.e. a text message received from a U.K. number to the U.S.)
Received messages from an international number to the U.S. are considered domestic usage and would be included as part of the unlimited domestic messaging on an original Mobile Share or Mobile Share Value plan.
What is the smartphone activation fee if a customer brings their own device?
A $36 activation fee applies for customers bringing their own device.
Is there a smartphone activation fee with AT&T NextSM?
No. With AT&T NextSM, there are no activation fees. A $36 activation fee does apply for all No Annual Service Contract options; with the exception of AT&T NextSM. Two-year service agreements have a $36 activation fee as well.
What does a customer have to do to have a device from another carrier unlocked?
Customers bringing over a device from another carrier may need to request that a device be unlocked from that carrier prior to being able to bring that device onto a Mobile Share Value plan.
Can a customer enroll in Mobile Protection Pack/Mobile Insurance if they bring their own device?
Customers are able to enroll in Mobile Protection Pack/Mobile Insurance, as long as the device is purchased from AT&T or an authorized retailer within 30 days of activation. Customers wishing to bring a device from another carrier will not be eligible to sign up for Mobile Insurance.