U-verse Welcome Center
- Order & Installation
- Your First Bill
Connecting to Home Wireless
Your AT&T Wireless network gives you a secure way to enjoy your U-verse Internet service. You can connect your Wi-Fi-enabled device and connect from almost anywhere in your home.
To connect to your Wi-Fi network you'll need to:
- Click the wireless connection icon on your device and select your network ("ATT" plus the last three digits of the gateway serial number)
- If your network is security-enabled, enter your Wireless Network Password found on the label on the side of your gateway
- Launch browser and begin browsing
Find Wi-Fi Network Name & Password
You will need your Wi-Fi network name and password to connect all your Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
Network name: this is the word "ATT" followed by the last three digits of the gateway serial number ("SN")
Network password: this is a 10 or 12-digit number located in brackets ("[ ]") or labeled "Wireless Network Key" located on the bottom or side of the gateway.
Note: If you are a Mac OS X user, you may need to enter the "$" character at the beginning of your wireless network key.
The Internet is full of content you enjoy, and you deserve to browse happily and safely. That's why we give you extra security with the AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee.
The AT&T Internet Security Suite
Browse the Internet with confidence knowing that the AT&T Internet Security Suite – powered by McAfee can help:
- Reduce Viruses: Blocks and removes viruses and stops them before they get to your PC or Mac.
- Reduce Hacker Threats: Protects and conceals your computer from hackers.
- Block Spyware: Blocks spyware before it installs on your computer and removes existing spyware.
- Improve PC Health: Cleans clutter off your computer so it stays healthy and secure.
- Safe Search, Safe Surf: McAfee SiteAdvisor adds security ratings to websites to help you avoid online dangers.
- Simple Interface: Scan your computer, check for updates, and configure your security settings using the McAfee SecurityCenter. This easy-to-use dashboard gives you one-click access to your computer's security information.
- Always Active, Always Protecting: With McAfee's Security as a Service technology, you get continuous, automatic security product and feature upgrades - not just threat updates - for the life of your subscription.
- Always Upgrading, Always Updating: With continuous and automatic updates, McAfee ensures that you're running the most current security to combat the ever-evolving threats on the Internet as long as your subscription with AT&T is active.
- It's a security service that continuously and automatically updates your computer with the latest software and threat security data to your PC or Mac.
- The enhanced and streamlined security performs faster and requires less of your computer's resources than previous versions.
Hot Spot Locator
Accessing AT&T Hot Spots
Wi-Fi hot spots can help you get to your content while you're away from home - and you don't have to worry about data usage while you browse at full speed. As an AT&T customer you have access to Wi-Fi at all AT&T hot spots, which means you're never far from connecting with what matters most to you.
To establish a connection with an AT&T Wi-Fi hot spot:
- On your laptop of mobile device, select “attwifi” from your list of wireless networks
- Open your browser to att.net
- Enter your user name, select domain, and enter password
- Begin browsing the Internet
AT&T Hot Spot locator
AT&T Hot Spots are available nationwide, which means you can take your Internet to go.
Looking for additional information?
Connect with a service representative and get assistance with your U-verse service.