U-verse Welcome Center
- Order & Installation
- Your First Bill
Connecting to Home Wireless
Your AT&T Wireless network gives you a secure way to enjoy your U-verse Internet service. You can connect your Wi-Fi-enabled device and connect from almost anywhere in your home.
To connect to your Wi-Fi network you'll need to:
- Click the wireless connection icon on your device and select your network ("ATT" plus the last three digits of the gateway serial number)
- If your network is security-enabled, enter your Wireless Network Password found on the label on the side of your gateway
- Launch browser and begin browsing
Find Wi-Fi Network Name & Password
You will need your Wi-Fi network name and password to connect all your Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
Network name: this is the word "ATT" followed by the last three digits of the gateway serial number ("SN")
Network password: this is a 10 or 12-digit number located in brackets ("[ ]") or labeled "Wireless Network Key" located on the bottom or side of the gateway.
Note: If you are a Mac OS X user, you may need to enter the "$" character at the beginning of your wireless network key.
AT&T Internet Security Suite
The Internet is full of content you enjoy, and you deserve to browse happily and safely. That's why we give you extra security with the AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee.
The AT&T Internet Security Suite
Browse the Internet with confidence knowing that the AT&T Internet Security Suite – powered by McAfee can help:
- Reduce Viruses: Blocks and removes viruses and stops them before they get to your PC or Mac.
- Reduce Hacker Threats: Protects and conceals your computer from hackers.
- Block Spyware: Blocks spyware before it installs on your computer and removes existing spyware.
- Improve PC Health: Cleans clutter off your computer so it stays healthy and secure.
- Safe Search, Safe Surf: McAfee SiteAdvisor adds security ratings to websites to help you avoid online dangers.
- Simple Interface: Scan your computer, check for updates, and configure your security settings using the McAfee SecurityCenter. This easy-to-use dashboard gives you one-click access to your computer's security information.
- Always Active, Always Protecting: With McAfee's Security as a Service technology, you get continuous, automatic security product and feature upgrades - not just threat updates - for the life of your subscription.
- Always Upgrading, Always Updating: With continuous and automatic updates, McAfee ensures that you're running the most current security to combat the ever-evolving threats on the Internet as long as your subscription with AT&T is active.
- It's a security service that continuously and automatically updates your computer with the latest software and threat security data to your PC or Mac.
- The enhanced and streamlined security performs faster and requires less of your computer's resources than previous versions.
Hot Spot Locator
Accessing AT&T Hot Spots
Wi-Fi hot spots can help you get to your content while you're away from home - and you don't have to worry about data usage while you browse at full speed. As an AT&T customer you have access to Wi-Fi at all AT&T hot spots, which means you're never far from connecting with what matters most to you.
To establish a connection with an AT&T Wi-Fi hot spot:
- On your laptop of mobile device, select “attwifi” from your list of wireless networks
- Open your browser to att.net
- Enter your user name, select domain, and enter password
- Begin browsing the Internet
AT&T Hot Spot locator
AT&T Hot Spots are available nationwide, which means you can take your Internet to go.
Looking for additional information?
Connect with a service representative and get assistance with your U-verse service.