AT&T Mobile Transfer End User License Agreement
AT&T Mobility ("AT&T"), licenses the AT&T Mobile Transfer application (the "Application" or "App") to You, conditioned upon your acceptance of this End User License Agreement ("Agreement" or "License").
If at any time after reviewing or using the App You wish to terminate such use or this License, You must un-install and remove the App from Your compatible Device, and delete any copy in Your possession. This License will automatically terminate if You are not, or are no longer, an AT&T subscriber subject to the terms of the WCA.
1. DEFINITIONS: (a) "AT&T," "We," "Our" and "Us" mean AT&T Mobility LLC and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, successors and assigns; (b) "AMT" means the App, any website, software, content or services provided in connection with the App, and any updates to these items; (c) "You," "Your" and "Licensee" mean an individual who downloads or uses AMT and any person or entity represented by that individual.
2. THE APP: The App allows You to transfer your contacts, media, call logs, messages and documents ("Content") from your old Device to your new Device (if compatible), using encryption, over a secure network. To use the App to transfer your Content, you may be required to supply the telephone number of the Devices from which or to which you will be transferring Content, or an email address and password for an existing cloud account. Voice, data and messaging rates may apply when You use this App.
2.1 CONSENT TO DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION. This App may disclose or allow the disclosure to third parties of Your personal information, including without limitation registered Mobile Transfer email address and password, photos, contacts, preferences, usage, or other information. You consent to any applicable disclosure of Your personal information by the Application.
3. LICENSE GRANT AND USE RESTRICTIONS.
3.1 License Grant. Subject to the restrictions set forth in Section 3.2, AT&T grants You a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to install and use one copy of the App on a single device owned and controlled by You ("Device"), and to access and use the App on such Device, strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions of this License, and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
3.2 Restrictions on Use. You shall not: (a) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, or decrypt the App, for any purpose; (b) modify, adapt, improve, or create any derivative work from the App; (c) violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with Your access or use of the App; (d) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) of AT&T or its collaborators, suppliers or licensors; (e) use the App in a manner that derives revenue directly from such use, or use the App for any other purpose for which it is not designed or intended; (f) use the App for creating a product, service or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for any services, product or software offered by AT&T; (g) use the App to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail; (h) use any proprietary information or interfaces of AT&T or other intellectual property of AT&T in the design, development, manufacture, licensing or distribution of any Apps, accessories or devices for use with the App; (i) circumvent, disable or tamper with any security-related components or other protective measures applicable to the App or the Device or (j) reproduce, archive, retransmit, distribute, sell, lease, rent, exchange, modify, broadcast, synchronize, publicly perform, publish, publicly display, make available to third parties, transfer or circulate the App. You agree to abide by the rules and policies established from time to time by AT&T. Such rules and policies may include, for example, required or automated updates, modifications, and/or reinstallations of the Application and obtaining available patches to address security, interoperability, or performance issues. These obligations survive termination of this License.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
4.1 Rights to App. The App (including its source and object code), any copies thereof (whether or not present on Your Device), and all copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of AT&T or its collaborators, licensors, or suppliers. The source and object code of the App are the proprietary and confidential information of AT&T and its collaborators, licensors and suppliers. The App is licensed, not sold, to You. Title to the App shall remain with AT&T. AT&T and its collaborators, licensors, and suppliers reserve the right to change, suspend, terminate, remove, impose limits on the use of or access to, disable access to, or require the return of the App (or any copy thereof) at any time without notice and will have no liability for doing so. Except as expressly stated in this License, You are not granted any intellectual property rights in or to the App by implication, estoppel or other legal theory, and all rights in and to the App not expressly granted in this License are hereby reserved and retained by AT&T. These obligations survive termination of this License.
4.2 AT&T Marks. The following company names and their related logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are trademarks and service marks owned by and used under license from AT&T: "AT&T" Marks (the "AT&T Marks"). You are not authorized to use the AT&T Marks in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of AT&T, which may be withheld for any or no reason. These obligations survive termination of this License.
5. USER SUBMITTED CONTENT.
5.1 The App may contain features that allow You to submit, post or display content through the App. You agree not to use or allow others to use the App, directly or indirectly through Your Device or wireless number in a way that violates AT&T's Acceptable Use Policy. You are solely responsible for any liability arising out of any user-submitted content.
5.2 If You provide content through the App ("User Submission"), You grant AT&T a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display Your User Submission (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed and to exercise the same rights with respect to such works without compensation or attribution to You. You also hereby waive any moral rights in Your User Submission. AT&T may remove Your User Submission at any time in its sole discretion. AT&T is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to Your User Submission. You represent and warrant that You own or otherwise control all necessary rights, consents and permissions to Your User Submission necessary to submit such material and to grant AT&T all of the license rights granted herein.
6. TERM AND TERMINATION. This License shall be effective until terminated. AT&T may, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any or no reason, disable the App, or suspend or terminate this License and the rights afforded to You hereunder, with or without prior notice or other action by AT&T. Upon the termination of this License, You shall cease all use of the App and uninstall the App. AT&T will not be liable to You or any third party for compensation, indemnity, or damages of any sort as a result of terminating this License in accordance with its terms, and termination of this License will be without prejudice to any other right or remedy AT&T may have, now or in the future. These obligations survive termination of this License.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE APP, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN OR ACCESSED THEREBY, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND THAT YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON THE APP IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND GUARANTIES REGARDING THE APP, WHETHER ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND WHETHER ARISING BY LAW, STATUTE, USAGE OF TRADE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PARTIES, OR THE NATURE OR CONTEXT OF THIS LICENSE, AND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHERMORE, AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE APP WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) THE APP WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY, SECURE, FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR ERROR-FREE; (III) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE APP WILL BE AS REPRESENTED OR MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (IV) ANY ERRORS IN THE APP WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE APP WILL BE MAINTAINED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE APP IS NOT INTENDED OR SUITABLE FOR USE IN SITUATIONS OR ENVIRONMENTS WHERE THE PERFORMANCE OF, USE OR MISUSE OF, FAILURE OF, OR ERRORS OR INACCURACIES IN THE CONTENT, DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY, THE APP COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL, PROPERTY, OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE APP WILL BE COMPATIBLE OR INTEROPERABLE WITH YOUR DEVICE OR ANY OTHER PIECE OF HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, EQUIPMENT OR DEVICE INSTALLED ON OR USED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR DEVICE. FURTHERMORE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT COMPATIBILITY AND INTEROPERABILITY PROBLEMS CAN CAUSE THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR DEVICE TO DIMINISH OR FAIL COMPLETELY, AND MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, LOSS OF THE DATA LOCATED ON YOUR DEVICE, AND CORRUPTION OF THE SOFTWARE AND FILES LOCATED ON YOUR DEVICE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS, AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES SUFFERED, RESULTING FROM OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH COMPATIBILITY OR INTEROPERABILITY PROBLEMS. SHOULD THE APP PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE BURDEN OF ALL NECESSARY EXPENSES, SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. THIS SECTION 8 SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS LICENSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING AND WITHOUT WAIVING THE FOREGOING, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE WCA MAY PROVIDE LIMITED REMEDIES TO YOU.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL AT&T, ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS, NOR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ACCIDENTS, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATING TO THE SALE OR DISTRIBUTION OF, THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE, OR YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE APP, WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, AT&T'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF (i) THE INITIAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR THE APP, (ii) THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO AT&T FOR THE APP DURING THE ONE MONTH PRECEDING THE DATE THAT THE CLAIM ARISES, OR (iii) TWO DOLLARS ($2.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THIS SECTION 9 SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS LICENSE.
9. INDEMNIFICATION. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless AT&T and its collaborators, suppliers and licensors, and their officers, directors, agents and employees (the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any claim, proceeding, loss, damage, fine, penalty, interest and expense (including, without limitation, fees for attorneys and other professional advisors) arising out of, in connection with or related to the following: (i) Your access to or use of the App or Third Party Content and Services; (ii) Your breach of this License; (iii) Your violation of law; (iv) Your negligence or willful misconduct; or (v) Your violation of the rights of a third party. You will promptly notify AT&T in writing of any third-party claim arising out of or in connection with Your access to or use of the App. These obligations survive termination of this License.
10. MISCELLANEOUS. The following provisions survive termination of this License:
10.1 Governing Law, Limitation on Actions. This License shall be deemed to take place in the State of New York and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflicts of law principles. This License shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, You and AT&T agree that any cause of action arising out of or relating to this License, the Application or Your use of the App must commence within one (1) year after the applicable cause of action accrues in accordance with the dispute resolution provision of the WCA. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. This Section 11.1 is not intended to and does not alter any provisions of the WCA.
10.2 Contact Information. You may reach AT&T Customer Service by dialing 611 from Your Device if You are an AT&T Wireless service subscriber or 1-800-331-0500 or visit http://www.att.com/db.
10.3 Severability. If any provision of this License is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall not be affected and shall remain valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10.4 Waiver. Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or require performance of an obligation under this License shall not affect a party's ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach constitute waiver of any subsequent breach.
10.5 Export Control; Lawful Use. You may not export or re-export the App except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which the App was obtained. You represent and warrant that You are not located and will not use the App in any country that is (a) subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country, or (b) listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties including the Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List. You may not use the App in any manner or for any purpose prohibited (a) by United States law, regardless of where You use the App, or (b) by local law, in the jurisdiction(s) in which You use the App.
10.6 Performance or Benchmark Testing. You may not disclose the results of any benchmark test using the App to any third party without AT&T's prior written approval.
10.7 Modification or Amendment. To the extent not prohibited by law, AT&T may modify or amend the terms of this License at any time, with or without direct notice to You, by posting a copy of the modified or amended License available through the App or at att.com/transfereula. You will be deemed to have agreed to any such modification or amendment by Your decision to continue using the App following the date in which the modified or amended License is made available through the App or att.com/transfereula.
10.8 Survival. Any provisions of this License which by their express language or by their context are intended to survive the termination of this License shall survive such termination.
10.9 Third Party Beneficiaries. Except as explicitly provided in this License or in incorporated agreements, nothing contained in this License is intended or shall be construed to confer upon any person (other than the parties hereto) any rights, benefits or remedies of any kind or character, or to create any obligations or liabilities of a party to any such person.
10.10 No Transfer by You. Any attempted transfer by You in contravention of this License shall be null and void. These obligations survive termination of this License. AT&T may assign this License without restriction.
10.11 Copyright Complaints. AT&T respects the intellectual property rights of others. If You believe that Your work has been copied and has been posted, stored or transmitted by or through the App in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") in accordance with the the process detailed at http://www.att.net/general-info/claims.html and directed to the designated agent listed below. AT&T's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement relating to the App can be reached as follows:
Manager of Security & Copyright Infringement, 1800 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 100 Morrisville, NC 27560 Phone: (919) 319-5737 Fax: (919) 319-8154 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about AT&T's copyright protection practices under the DMCA and for information on how to contact AT&T's DMCA agent, please refer to www.att.net/general-info/claims.html.
10.12 Entire Agreement. This License including the documents incorporated herein by reference constitute the entire agreement with respect to the use of the App licensed hereunder and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter.
Third Party Terms. The below Third Party Terms are incorporated herein and made part of this License: Apple, Microsoft
APPLE: Additional provisions and Usage Rules required by Apple, Inc. ("Apple") may be found at www.apple.com/legal/itunes/appstore/us/terms.html. If Your Device is manufactured by Apple or if You obtain the downloadable Application through iTunes, You and AT&T acknowledge and agree that Apple and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries to this License, and that, upon Your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this License, Apple will have the right to enforce this License against You in its capacity as a third party beneficiary to the License. APPLE SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS MADE BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY RELATED TO THE APPLICATION OR YOUR USE OR POSSESSION OF THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO (i) PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, (ii) ANY CLAIM THAT THE APPLICATION FAILS TO CONFORM TO ANY APPLICABLE LEGAL OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENT, (iii) CLAIMS ARISING UNDER CONSUMER PROTECTION OR SIMILAR LEGISLATION, OR (iv) ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION TO CONFORM TO ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IF YOU HAVE PAID ANY FEE TO APPLE FOR USE OF THE APPLICATION, IN THE EVENT OF ANY FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION TO CONFORM TO ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTY, YOU MAY NOTIFY APPLE, AND APPLE WILL, AS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, REFUND TO YOU THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID, IF ANY, FOR THE APPLICATION. APPLE WILL HAVE NO OTHER WARRANTY OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION.
MICROSOFT: If You purchase or download the Application from the Windows Phone Marketplace, subject to all other provisions of this License: (a) notwithstanding paragraph 2.2(f) and (g), You may install and use one copy of the Application on up to five (5) mobile devices You personally own or control and which are affiliated with the Windows Live ID associated with Your Windows Phone Marketplace account. You may not install or use a copy of the Application on a device You do not own or control. (b) You acknowledge and agree that neither Microsoft, nor the manufacturer of Your Device(s) shall have any responsibility to provide to You any maintenance or support services in connection with Your use of the Application. (c) SUBJECT TO AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF SECTION 8, MICROSOFT'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE INITIAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR THE APPLICATION.