You can add an email address to Microsoft Outlook Express from an email provider other than AT&T. Once added, you can send and receive email from that account, in addition to your AT&T account, using Outlook Express.
Once you add the account, you’ll need to set the server settings and account properties for the new address. Add an email address to Outlook Express
Set incoming and outgoing Outlook Express server settings
- Open Outlook Express.
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Select the Mail tab.
- Select Add.
- Select Mail.
- In the Display name field, enter the name you want displayed on all outgoing emails, and then select Next.
- In the Email address field, enter the complete email address, and then select Next.
If you don’t know the mail server settings for the email address your adding, contact the email provider to get the information.
Set the new account’s properties
- From the My incoming mail server list, select the mail server type for the email address you’re adding.
- In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server field, enter the incoming mail server name.
- In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field, enter smtp.att.yahoo.com.
- Check the box next to SSL.
- In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field, enter 465.
- Check the box next to server requires a secure connection (SSL), and then select Next.
- Enter the email account credentials:
- In the Account name field, enter the email account username.
Note: The username is the part of the email address before the @ symbol.
- In the Password field, enter the email account password, and then select Next.
- Select Finish.
- In the list of email accounts, select the email account you’re adding.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Servers tab.
- Check the boxes next to Remember password and My server requires authentication.
- Select Settings.
- Select Sign in using, and then do the following:
- In the Account name field, enter your primary AT&T email account username.
- In the Password field, enter your primary AT&T email account password.
- Check the box next to Remember password and select OK.
- On the Properties window, select OK.
- On the Accounts window, select Close.
To verify you set up the new email address correctly, send an email to the email address you just added. It should appear in your Outlook Express Inbox.