If you find that you are able to make local, but no "1+" long distance dialed calls through your designated long distance carrier, consider the following:
- Check to make sure you have not subscribed to a product that allows you to restrict the numbers that can be called from your telephone.
- Your long distance calls may be restricted by your designated carrier if your payments are not current.
- If this is a new installation, did you subscribe to a long distance carrier? If you did not, you will have to use a dial-around code in order to place a long distance call.
- You or someone in your house may have placed a "toll blocking" restriction on your telephone line.
- There may be a problem with the switch owned by the long distance carrier, and if there is, you should contact them. To verify your long distance carrier, call 1.700.555.4141 from the phone number you want to check.