Automatic Fraud Blocking3
Automatic Fraud Blocking uses information about likely fraudsters to detect and block potential fraud calls before they even reach your CRU user’s phone. A list of blocked calls can be viewed in the AT&T Call Protect app.
If a call is auto-blocked as fraud, adding the caller to your address book does not prevent the call from being blocked. To unblock the caller, you'll need to manually unblock them within the AT&T Call Protect app within the call log.
When the call notification displays on your device, tap the notification
, to open the app. On the call details
screen, you can select Report
To turn off blocked call notifications
, follow the instructions for your device type:
- iOS – Go to iOS Settings > Notifications, and select Call Protect from the menu > Allow notifications and toggle off.
- Android – Open the Call Protect app > Go to Options menu in the upper-right corner > Settings > Blocked Call Notifications and toggle off.
When a private caller hides their number and the call is blocked as fraud or labelled as spam the call will display a fake number. It will show as all zeros
within the mobile app (e.g., 000-000-0000).
If it is a spam call, the call will be delivered. If it is a fraud call, it will be automatically blocked.Caller Category Detail Screens in the app
Call details are based on the caller category when the call is blocked. Your CRU users will be able to report, block, or unblock callers from the following category screens:
- Saved Contact - Report or block caller.
- Suspected Spam Warning4 - Report or block caller.
- Potential Fraud - Report or unblock caller.
- Blocked Contact - Report or unblock caller.
- Non-saved Caller - Report or block caller.
- Telemarketer - Report or block caller.
Spam warning requires the device to be in an AT&T HD Voice coverage area
(iOS) or Enhanced LTE
(Android) must be toggled to On
. Instruct your CRU user to refer to their device instructions for the location of this function.Manually Select a Caller or Contact to Block
Your CRU user can manually block a caller or contact by adding it to the Block List in the app. They would use one of the following options:
Manual call blocking5
- Enter a number.
- Select a number from the Call Log.
- Select a number from their Contact list.
allows you to manually block in the AT&T Call Protect app. These callers are blocked in the network so even if you turn off your phone, the numbers will still be blocked.Note:
Unknown numbers or callers that hide their Caller ID cannot be manually blocked at this time. Potential fraud calls will still be automatically blocked, however. If your CRU user’s phone provides a block list feature, the numbers they add to the AT&T Call Protect app will not appear on that list.Receiving and Reporting Fraud
After a call has been received from a known number, your CRU user will have the ability to report or block the caller. They select Report tab
> Report Call Type
the call they would like to report.Access settings screen
To access the Settings screen your CRU user will need to open the Overflow Menu, see steps below for their device.
App call log does not match device call log
- Android - On the top right hand corner select.
- iOS - On the bottom right hand corner select.
Reasons why the AT&T Call Protect app call log and device call log do not match:
- Mobile app has no awareness of outgoing calls.
- Device call log has no awareness of blocked calls (however the mobile app will know).
To remove AT&T Call Protect from your business account or from a specific CRU or your wireless account, use Premier Online Care
Simply deleting the app or clicking the remove button under settings will not cancel the service.