Unintended data charges
- If you have both International Day Pass and an AT&T Passport®, the $10 daily fee overrides AT&T Passport in included countries. Using an AT&T Passport won't prevent any talk or data overage charges you incur.
- If you have a domestic plan or an international coverage option that includes use in Mexico or Canada, you won’t be charged the International Day Pass $10 daily fee in Mexico or Canada.
- If you’re talking, texting or using data in countries not included in International Day Pass, pay-per-use rates apply. You can avoid these charges by adding an international travel option like AT&T Passport to your device. See international travel plan options by country at att.com/globalcountries.
Unintended call charges
- Check the apps on your device. Apps running in the background may use data and trigger the $10 daily fee.
- Avoid unintended data use by turning off roaming on your device. To learn how, go to Device Support > Learn how to > Connectivity > Signal & Cellular Data.
For questions while traveling outside the U.S.
- Add an AT&T World Connect® plan to your device to avoid per-minute pay-per-use rates. Otherwise, you’ll be charged for calls to countries not included by International Day Pass at international long distance rates. Go to att.com/worldconnect to see rates and options.
- Consider turning off Wi-Fi® calling. We won’t charge you for Wi-Fi calls back to the U.S., but calls to all other countries will be billed based on your domestic calling plan or international long distance option, as applicable. Learn more about Wi-Fi Calling.
at no charge from your AT&T wireless phone.