In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set a security lock
• Change lock type
• Change lock screen timeout
• Set Lockdown mode
• Lock the device
• Log in using the security lock
• Request your device be unlocked from the AT&T network
Set a Security Lock
1. Swipe down from the Notification bar, then select the Settings icon. Scroll to and select Security & location.
2. Select Fingerprint. Review the Unlock with fingerprint prompt, then select NEXT.
3. Select the desired backup screen lock method. Review the Secure start-up prompt then select YES.
Note: If you choose Pattern lock, you will have to factory reset your device if you forget your Pattern lock. Visit the Reset Device tutorial for alternate reset instructions.
4. Draw the desired pattern, then select NEXT. Draw the desired pattern again, then select CONFIRM.
5. Place your finger on the Fingerprint scanner at the bottom of the device, then follow the prompts. When you are finished scanning your fingerprint, select DONE.
Change Lock Type
From the Security & location screen, select Screen lock
> enter your current pattern lock
> select the desired screen lock type
and follow prompts to complete set up.
Change Lock Screen Timeout
1. From the Security & location screen, select the Settings icon
next to Screen lock
2. Select Automatically lock
then select the desired timeout duration.
Lock and Unlock DeviceLOG IN USING THE SECUTIY LOCK
: From the Lock screen, place your finger on the fingerprint scanner
at the bottom of the screen. LOCK DEVICE
: Press the Power/Lock button
located on the left side of the device.
Request your Device be Unlocked from the AT&T Network
To learn more about requesting a device unlock for your AT&T mobile device so that it can operate on another compatible wireless network, visit www.att.com/deviceunlock
. If your device is locked and is requesting a "PUK" code, click here for instructions on how to obtain your PUK or PUK2 code
to unlock your SIM card.