How to test your network speed:
- Make sure the only thing connected to the internet is the device you’ll be testing. Disconnect all other devices connected to your network to avoid Wi-Fi congestion, even if they aren’t using internet.
- Go to the computer or device where you want to test your internet speed.
- If testing over Wi-Fi:
- Make sure the wireless device has a clear line of sight, approximately 10 feet from your Wi-Fi gateway. Devices that use older standards like 802.11b or 802.11g can’t get faster speeds.
- Disable any device that may create wireless interference.
- Close other apps on your device.
- Run the AT&T Internet Speed Test.