Learn how to browse the web, access or edit bookmarks, and access and manage browser tabs.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access main browser
• Navigate to a website
• Bookmark a site
• Access bookmarks
• Access, open, and close browser tabs
• Preview URL of a link
• Refresh a website
• Add and access Favorites
• Access Private Browsing Mode
• Access browser settings
• Share a site
• Call and message a number from Safari
• Use Passkey to log in
• Create a profile
• Switch between profiles
From the home screen, select the Safari app.
Note: Learn more about Safari on the Apple website: www.apple.com/safari/.
1. Select the Share icon, then select Add Bookmark.
2. Enter the desired name for the bookmark, then select Save.
Note: To change the bookmark location, select the location then select the desired location.
1. Select the Sidebar icon, then select Bookmarks.
2. Select the desired bookmark.
ACCESS BROWSER TABS: Select the Tabs icon.
OPEN A NEW TAB: Select the Add icon.
CLOSE A TAB: Select the X icon or swipe the page to the left.
OPEN A LINK IN A NEW TAB: Select and hold the desired link, then select Open in New Window.
To see the URL of a link, select the link.
Select the Refresh icon next to the address in the search field to update the page.
ADD A SITE TO FAVORITES: Select the Share icon, then select Add to Favorites.
Note: When prompted, enter the desired name for the Favorite, then select Save.
ACCESS FAVORITES: Select the Sidebar icon > Bookmarks > Favorites.
Note: When you open a new tab, Favorites will be displayed. Select the desired website that you wish to open.
From the new tab page, select the Tabs icon > Start Page > Private. Pages visited, search history, and Autofill information will not be saved when using Private Browsing Mode.
From the home screen, select the Settings app. Scroll to and select Safari. Edit settings as desired.
With the desired site open, select the Share icon, then select the desired sharing method or select Copy to copy the URL.
Select and highlight the desired phone number, then select Call using iPhone or FaceTime to start a call. Select Send Message to send a message.
With iPadOS 17, you can login to certain websites using a Passkey instead of a password. Passkeys are stored on your device and linked to any other devices you have setup through iCloud Keychain. Websites or apps that support Passkey will have an option to login using a Passkey.
Note: For more information on Passkeys and their security, visit here.
1. Keep your browsing separate for topics like Work and Personal with different profiles in Safari. Profiles helps you separate your history, extension tab groups, cookies, and favorites. To create a profile, from the Settings app, scroll to and select Safari then scroll to and select New Profile.
2. Edit settings as desired, then select Done.
You can quickly switch between profiles as you browse. To switch between profiles, select the Profile drop-down then select the desired option.