Use Multi Window to complete multiple tasks on one screen, take notes while watching a video, or search the web and check your email messages simultaneously.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Turn on split screen view
• Open a new app
• Open an app completely
• Exit split screen
• Use Picture-in-picture
Turn on split screen view
1. Select the Recent apps key
2. Select the desired app icon
3. Select Open in split screen view
4. Navigate to and select the second app
. Note: For this tutorial, the Calendar and Contacts apps were selected.
Open an app completely
The app with the blue line at the top is the active app. Select and drag the divider
in the middle of the screen to the top
or bottom edge of the screen
, depending on which app you want to open completely.
Exit split screen
Select the Home key
1. While using Maps or watching a video in fullscreen, select the Home key
2. The app will display as a Picture-in-picture window
in the corner of the screen.Note: You can select and drag the window as desired. Picture-in-picture is enabled by default on select apps. To view which apps can use Picture-in-picture, swipe down from the Notification bar > select the Settings icon > scroll to and select Apps > select the Menu icon > Special access > Picture-in-picture > the apps that can use Picture-in-picture will be displayed.