Add and download email attachments, respond to an email and more.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access and view email
• View, save, or share an attachment
• Compose an email and add an attachment
• Reply, reply all, or forward an email
• Mark, move, or archive an email
• Switch between email account inboxes
• Unsend an email
• Follow up on an email
1. When a new email is received, a Notification badge appears on the Mail app .
2. To view new emails, select the Mail app on the home screen.
3. To view an email, select the desired email from the desired inbox.
4. To refresh the inbox, swipe down.
VIEW: Select the attachment to download the image or file.
SHARE OR SAVE: Select the desired attachment, then select the Share icon. Select Save Image to save the image or select the desired sharing method, then follow the prompts.
Note: Attachments are saved according to their file type. To view saved photos and videos, from the home screen select the Photos app. To view saved PDF documents, from the home screen select the Books app. To view saved music, from the home screen select the Music app.
1. From your inbox, select the Compose icon.
2. Enter the desired recipient, subject, and message.
3. To add an attachment, select and hold the desired location in the text field then select the right arrow to scroll to and select Insert a Photo or Video. Follow the prompts, then select the Send icon when finished.
4. To format your email, select the Arrow icon above the keyboard > select the Text icon > format the email as desired.
Note: iOS13 and newer include the following formatting options: font style, size, color, alignment, indenting and outdenting text, and numbered and bulleted lists.
5. To choose a specific time to send your email, select and hold the Send icon. Select one of the desired options or select Send Later... to pick a date and time to send your email.
Select the Reply icon, then select the desired option.
From the desired inbox, select Edit. Select the desired message(s), then select the desired action.
If you are already in an inbox, select the Mailbox name in the upper left corner of the screen to get to the Mailboxes screen. Select the desired Inbox.
Immediately after sending an email, select Undo Send at the bottom of the mailbox to unsend the email.
Note: Undo send is only available for 10 seconds after sending.
To follow up on an email, navigate to and select the Sent folder in the desired email account. Select the desired email, then select Follow Up and follow the prompts.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.