Frequently asked questions
- How do I find out if there is fiber internet in my area?You can check the coverage map above to get an idea for where AT&T Fiber service is currently available. Additionally, you can go here to see which specific internet plans are available at your address.
- How does AT&T Fiber compare against other fiber internet providers?
Where available, AT&T delivers the fastest residential internet of any major internet service provider with both download speeds and upload speeds up to 5Gbps.1 AT&T Fiber is powered by a 100% fiber network and offers symmetrical upload and download speeds.1Fastest among major internet service providers, based on 5Gbps offering. Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds and recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more information go to www.att.com/speed101.
- Is AT&T Fiber expanding beyond what I see on the fiber internet coverage map?
AT&T Fiber expansion and evolution is ongoing and is all part of the mission to make AT&T the best connectivity provider in America. By year-end 2022, AT&T Fiber and hyper-gig speeds are coming to seven all-new fiber metro areas. You can read more on this year’s fiber expansion here.
There are many factors that contribute to the timing of AT&T consumer fiber deployment, including, but not limited to, resources, local permitting, access to property or community and even environmental factors. We are constantly evaluating new metros to add to the AT&T Fiber footprint. You can sign up to be alerted if AT&T Fiber is available at your address.
Sometimes your neighbors may be eligible for AT&T Fiber but your home is not when you check availability. If this is the case, AT&T Fiber may not be available to your home yet, because your neighborhood is at the edge of our Fiber footprint. You can check out AT&T Community Forums for more information.
- Does AT&T offer the fastest home internet?With both download speeds and upload speeds up to 5Gbps, AT&T delivers the fastest residential internet of any major internet service provider.11Fastest among major internet service providers, based on 5Gbps offering. Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds and recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more information go to www.att.com/speed101.
- What internet speed can I get?The internet speeds you can get will depend on the internet plans available for your location.
You can check availability to find out which internet or AT&T Fiber plans are available for your address. If you need help choosing an internet plan, you can read more details on how to choose the best internet plan for you.