You can perform a manual scan with AT&T AntiVirus Plus. Update your software before scanning to make sure you’re protected against the latest threats.
To perform a manual scan:
- Do a right-click on the McAfee icon in your system tray. The icon appears as an M, a shield, or both.
- Select Scan.
- Choose the type of scan you want to run:
- Full scan: Scan your entire computer for known threats.
- Quick scan: Scan only the most susceptible parts of your computer for known threats.
- Let me choose: Use a Windows Explorer-style window to manually select the drives, folders, and other locations you want to scan.
- Select Start.
When the scan finishes, a window appears with details of the scan. To see the scan results of any suspicious files, select View Results
. If View Results doesn’t display, then the computer is virus-free.