: This article applies to AT&T local home phone service
. Don't have traditional phone service? Select Phone service
or wireless service
allows you to block your number, on a call by call basis, from appearing on the caller identification (ID) unit of the person you are calling, free of charge.
To block your number from displaying on a caller ID unit:
- At the dial tone, push *67.
- Listen for a series of tones, followed by a dial tone for blocking to be activated.
- Make your call as usual.
Repeat these steps for each call you wish to block your number from displaying on a caller ID unit.Helpful hints
- Remember, once you hang up caller ID blocking is disabled. Follow the instructions for every call you want your number blocked.
- There is no charge for using Per-Call Blocking.
- Per-Call Blocking is automatically available to you. There is no need to add this feature to your account.
- For permanent blocking of your Caller ID information, please contact us at 800.288.2020.