Many TV issues can be fixed by simply restarting your receivers.
More tips to try
- Hold down the POWER button for 10 seconds.
- Press it again to restart the receiver. (This takes approximately 5-8 minutes and will affect any DVR recordings in progress.)
- Restart multiple receivers by unplugging each one for 5 seconds.
If restarting your receiver didn’t resolve your sound issues, try these tips:
- Tune to another channel to see if the volume issue is limited to just this channel or all channels. If it’s just a single channel, return to the channel and see if the sound has returned. It may be a problem with the station provider and not U-verse.
- Make sure all connections are secure between your receiver and your TV.
- Make sure the mute button hasn’t been pressed or the volume turned down on your TV, U-verse remote control, or other connected audio equipment.
- If you are using a home theatre system, check to see that the power is on and the correct output is selected. Make sure the volume is not muted and is turned up on that system.
- Restart your Residential Gateway if you still are having trouble. Keep in mind this will interrupt your TV and internet service as well as any recordings in progress. Unplug the power cable for 5 seconds and plug back in. Wait until the Service lights are green. It may take up to 4 minutes.