Auto code search programming option
The auto code search method will scan through all the codes to find one that works with your TV or other equipment.
- Turn on the equipment you want to program.
- Point the remote control at the selected device.
- Press and hold the TV, DVD, or AUX (for audio devices) and the Enter button at the same time for 1 second, and then release. The 4 arrow keys on the remote control will flash twice to indicate you’re in search mode.
- Press the ScanFF button repeatedly, with a pause between each press, until the equipment turns off. The selected device button should flash once for each press of ScanFF. If the equipment doesn’t turn off and you have searched all available codes, the device button will flash 8 times. If this happens, start over at step 2.
- Press POWER on the remote to turn the device back on.
- Check the volume and mute functions to make sure they work. If there’s a problem with any of the keys, press the ScanFF button, and search until you find a code that operates all the functions properly. (Don’t test using RewScan, ScanFF, Exit, Channel + or -, Fwd, or number keys.)
- Press Enter to save the programming. The TV, DVD, or AUX key will give a long flash with a long beep, indicating successful programming.
For other programming options, refer to the Point Anywhere A20 remote user guide (PDF - 1,740 KB)