How you get your refund depends on the method you used to pay your bill.
- Electronic bank draft or check: We require a 14-day hold before we refund bank drafts or checks. If you want the refund before then, send us a bank statement showing the transaction has cleared (an online statement is OK). Or, ask your bank to send us a letter on their letterhead showing that the payment has cleared and isn’t in dispute. The letter must include amount, date cleared, bank employee name, and contact number.
- Online bill through your bank: These payments come from your bank after you request payment from your bank's website. Some payments require a 14-day hold before we can refund them.
If you want an electronic refund (recommended), we have to confirm your bank account and routing number. Make sure to send us a:
- Bank statement showing the payment and bank account number
- Voided check from the same bank account
If you don’t want to share this info, we can mail a refund check to the account owner. Or, we can credit the refund amount to your AT&T account to put toward future bills.
- Credit or debit card: We’ll apply your refund to the card you used to make your payment.