Sometimes your device may have trouble updating. Here are some common reasons and fixes.
Each update requires a certain amount of data.
- You may have to remove apps or data to increase your device’s available memory.
- You can back up your data before deleting it.
Software updates are done over Wi-Fi®
, so they don't affect your data use. Make sure you’re:
- Make sure your device has at least 80% battery power.
- Connect the device to a charger before doing the software update.
AT&T branded device
The software update releases on our website are only available for AT&T branded devices. Keep in mind:
- The update may not work if you brought your own device to AT&T.
- You can check with the original carrier or manufacturer for software updates.