Have an area with weak wireless coverage? No worries! We have you covered.
With Wi-Fi Calling1,
you can make and receive calls and texts like you would on our wireless network. The only difference is that you’re using a Wi-Fi®
connection (at home or other locations).
There’s no extra charge to make and receive calls to and from domestic numbers. And, you won’t have to worry about airtime usage. Calling an international number? The rates in your wireless or international long-distance plan apply.
Check compatibility and turn on Wi-Fi Calling
If your devices are capable of Wi-Fi Calling, you may not have to use a MicroCell2
in your home.
To activate Wi-Fi Calling on your phone at no extra charge:
Good to know
- iPhone®: Go to Settings, tap Phone, and select Wi-Fi Calling.
- Android®: Go to Settings, tap Connections, and select Wi-Fi Calling.
- Before you are ready to use Wi-Fi Calling you must disconnect your MicroCell. Otherwise, your phone will default to using the MicroCell.
- If your phone isn’t capable of Wi-Fi Calling, you can search our available devices.
Disconnect your MicroCell
To use Wi-Fi Calling, you’ll have to disconnect your device(s) from your MicroCell. Here’s how:
- Unplug your MicroCell mini tower from the wireless gateway and power source.
- Sign in to AT&T MicroCell Online Management.
- Choose Disconnect your MicroCell Device.
You can reconnect your AT&T MicroCell
at any time. See all important details