- If you haven’t done so already:
- Download the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Get the Plus version (open the app and tap Unlock Plus).
- Open the A&T Mobile Security app and tap Safe Browsing. Follow the steps to set up the feature.
Have an Android smartphone?
- Connect your smartphone running Android 6.0+ to the Safe Browsing VPN. If you see the key or lock icon in your status bar, you’re good to go. (Keep in mind that Safe Browsing may not detect all suspicious websites. It also requires activation of VPN.)
- Your phone will remain connected to the Safe Browsing VPN unless you disconnect it.
- Safe Browsing VPN service should always be running when Safe Browsing is enabled. It stays in a dormant state until you start using an app. Safe Browsing will then inspect each website to make sure it’s not malicious. Once the traffic stops, Safe Browsing goes back to its dormant state.
- Android allows only one VPN to be active at a time so AT&T Mobile Security will turn off other VPN services. This lets your phone continue to use the Safe Browsing feature.