On October 9, 2019, AT&T announced plans to sell its wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands to Liberty. Therefore, AT&T wireless service in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands will become part of Liberty. As of October 31, 2020, your wireless service and other agreements are now with Liberty, not AT&T Mobility LLC or any of its affiliates.
How your service changes:
- The AT&T subsidiary that holds your agreement(s) will become part of Liberty.
- AT&T THANKS won’t be available in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Music options aren't available as premium selections with your &More Premium plan. You can still enjoy our great video options, including HBO Max at no additional charge. If you currently have one of the music options, or if you accidentally choose a music option, you'll be switched to HBO Max for a 12-month period. After 12 months, you can pick from the available video options.
- AT&T Navigator and AT&T Secure Family services will be discontinued in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Depending on when you get your bill, it may take up to 2 bills to see the change. For questions, please call 800.331.0500.
- Questions regarding service, including rate plans, terms, policies, agreements, and fees? Call 800.331.0500 or visit one of the new Liberty stores that used to be AT&T stores for help. AT&T stores will not service accounts outside of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Also, certain changes to Mobile Insurance, Protect Advantage for 1, and Protect Advantage for 4 device protection plans are in effect starting November 1, 2020:
- The defined term “Service Provider” (from the Insurance Coverage Certificate, Section IX - Definitions) has been changed by deleting “AT&T” and replacing it with “Liberty”.
- The AT&T Protech Support Terms of Service agreement now shows that the agreement is between (1) Asurion Protection Services, LLC, acting on behalf of its licensed affiliates and doing business as Asurion, and (2) the person or entity that is the customer of record for Liberty wireless service and purchases or who uses the Asurion ProTech support service as defined in the terms. Go to phoneclaim.com/att/program-terms to review the new Asurion Protech Support Terms of Service.
- IDnotifyTM services will be discontinued as of December 1, 2020, for all AT&T Protect Advantage customers. Are you signed up for a device protection plan? You can still enjoy coverage for loss, theft, damage, and out-of-warranty malfunctions. Coverage is optional and you may cancel at any time. When you pay the monthly charge for your first billing cycle on or after November 1, 2020, you confirm that you accept the changes and want to continue your coverage. Have questions or want to cancel your coverage? Call Asurion Customer Care at 888.562.8662.
AT&T will provide support for a smooth transition of support functions to Liberty. While your services are moving from AT&T to Liberty, you may continue to receive messages that reference AT&T. Please note these messages are real, sent by AT&T on behalf of Liberty, and will relate to the services that Liberty will be providing.
We’re confident that Liberty will continue bringing high-quality communications services to the people of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and that it's equally committed to supporting these communities.
Information on Form 480.7F for taxable Year 2020:
To fulfill its obligation outlined in Section 1063.16 of the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011, as amended, AT&T is providing electronic access to Form 480.7F to former and current commercial customers in Puerto Rico who made one or more payments for certain services to AT&T in taxable year 2020, as required by law.
Former and current commercial customers will be required to must provide their account number or employer ID number to access and retrieve their Form 480.7F electronically. If you can't retrieve your form electronically, you can receive the printed form by mail.
For more info, read the Internal Revenue Informative Bulletin No. 20-20 at: http://www.hacienda.gobierno.pr/publicaciones/boletin-informativo-de-rentas-internas-num-20-20-bi-ri-20-20-0
Former and current residential customers that made payments to AT&T during 2020:
Please consult with your tax advisor to find out if you require a Form 480.7F. If you find that you need a Form 480.7F, please contact AT&T customer care at 800.331.0500
. We won't call you to request this information. You should only provide this info if you make the call to AT&T customer care.