On October 9, 2019, AT&T announced plans to sell its wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands to Liberty. As a result of this transaction, AT&T wireless service in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands will become part of Liberty. This means your wireless service and other agreements will be with Liberty and not with AT&T Mobility LLC or any of its affiliates as of the Close, expected October 31, 2020.
Changes that will go into effect at Close include:
- The AT&T subsidiary that holds your agreement(s) will be acquired by Liberty.
- AT&T Thanks won’t be available in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Music options are no longer available as premium selections with your &More Premium plan. Great video options are still available, including HBO Max at no additional charge. If you currently have one of the music options, or if you accidentally choose a music option, you will be switched to HBO Max for a 12-month period. After 12 months you can pick from the available video options. For complete details, check back on November 1, 2020.
- Questions regarding service, including rate plans, terms, policies, agreements and fees, will be handled by the local, now AT&T branded stores, which will eventually be rebranded Liberty stores, or by calling 1-800-331-0500. Accounts will no longer be serviced in AT&T stores outside of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Additionally, for Mobile Insurance, Protect Advantage for 1, and Protect Advantage for 4 device protection plans the following changes will be effective on November 1, 2020:
- The defined term “Service Provider” as contained in the Insurance Coverage Certificate, Section IX - Definitions is amended by deleting “AT&T” and replacing it with “Liberty”.
- The AT&T Protech Support Terms of Service agreement is amended to reflect that the agreement is now between (1) Asurion Protection Services, LLC, acting on behalf of its licensed affiliates and doing business as Asurion and (2) the person or entity that is the customer of record for Liberty wireless service and purchases or uses the Asurion ProTech support service as defined in the terms. Go to phoneclaim.com/att/program-terms to review the new Asurion Protech Support Terms of Service.
- IDnotify™ services will be discontinued effective December 1, 2020 for all AT&T Protect Advantage Customers. For those enrolled in a device protection plan, you will continue to enjoy coverage for loss, theft, damage, and out-of-warranty malfunctions. Coverage is optional and you may cancel at any time. Payment of the monthly charge for your first billing cycle on or after November 1, 2020 will serve as confirmation that you accept the changes and wish to continue your enrollment. If you have questions or to cancel your coverage, please call Asurion Customer Care at 1-888-562-8662.
Changes that will go into effect in 30 days:
- AT&T Navigator services will be discontinued in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Depending on bill cycles it may take up to 2 bills to see the change. For questions, please call 800.331.0500.
- AT&T Secure Family services will be discontinued in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Depending on bill cycles it may take up to 2 bills to see the change. For questions, please call 800.331.0500.
To ensure a smooth transition for our customers, AT&T will provide transition support functions to Liberty. In connection with the transition of your services from AT&T to Liberty you may continue to receive messages that reference AT&T. Please note these messages are legitimate, sent by AT&T on behalf of Liberty and will relate to the services that Liberty will be providing.
We’re confident that Liberty will continue providing high-quality communications services to the people of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands and that it is equally committed to supporting these communities.