- An Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular).
- A compatible iPhone® (6 or later including SE) running iOS version 11.0 or higher.
- An AT&T rate plan for your Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular).
- An AT&T user ID associated with the iPhone.
The Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) has an AT&T telephone number and associated rate plan that will appear on your monthly bill. Note, the watch telephone number cannot be used for voice, data or text messaging from the watch. Please remember to complete NumberSync setup to use your watch on the AT&T cellular network with your iPhone number. With NumberSync active, calls and messages using your watch will display your AT&T iPhone telephone number.
Set up NumberSync for Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) from your iPhone
To set up NumberSync for Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular)
you must have an AT&T rate plan for your Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular)
, in addition to your rate plan for your iPhone, before you can set up NumberSync.
If you do not have a rate plan for your Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular), you’ll need to contact your company’s telecom manager or other authorized order placer to make changes to your service.
When the Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) is not on the same Billing Account as your iPhone, you must also have an AT&T user ID associated to your iPhone before you can set up NumberSync.
If you do not already have a user ID for your iPhone you'll be prompted to create one during the set-up process. To create an user ID, you will need either your 5-digit billing zip code or the last 4 digits of your iPhone's IMEI. To find your iPhone's IMEI go to: Settings > General > About (then scroll down).
Pair your watch via the Watch app
on your iPhone.
- Open the Watch app to start the pairing process and follow the prompts.
- Select Set up Cellular button.
- Enter your AT&T user ID and Password. This should be the user ID that is associated with your iPhone number. If you don't have a user ID, select create one now.
- When you place a 911 call using your watch, the call will go over the cellular network when possible. If no cellular network is available, device location data from nearby Wi-Fi networks will be used to help locate you. If that data isn’t available, the address you provide will be used.
- Make sure to check the box and read the Important Information for NumberSync on the 911 screen.
- Select Verify Address.
- On Sync requested screen, you should see a message indicating NumberSync should be available shortly. Select Ok.
- Follow prompts to finish setting up your watch.