GoPhone Plan Terms
1. GoPhone Coverage Map. The coverage map shows the scope of your coverage area. Map depicts an approximation of outdoor coverage. Actual coverage area may differ substantially from area shown on map, as coverage may be affected by terrain, weather, foliage, buildings and other construction, signal strength, customer equipment and other factors which do not allow AT&T to guarantee coverage or network availability. You must be in the GoPhone coverage area to place or receive calls. Future coverage, if depicted on map, is based on current planning assumptions but is subject to change and may not be relied upon. Your device’s display does not indicate the rate you will be charged.
2. Requirements. An eligible device is required. Rate plans are designed for use on eligible devices as specified in these Plan Terms and the GoPhone brochure. Unless permitted by rate plans, a rate plan designed for one type of device may not be used with another type of device by tethering devices together, by SIM card transfer, or any other means. If you: a) use any GoPhone service excessively, abusively or fraudulently; b) resell or rebill our Services either alone or as part of any other good or service; c) use a rate plan with a non-designated device or without all of the required elements of the rate plan, you agree that AT&T may, at its sole discretion: (1) suspend or terminate your GoPhone service or your GoPhone account; (2) remove any element of the plan (voice, data or messaging service) from being used on a non-designated device; or (3) place an appropriate plan on any non-complying device. 900 numbers are not available. Plans, charges, rates and services are subject to change at any time. GoPhone service is subject to these Plan Terms and the GoPhone Terms of Service located in your GoPhone device packaging (collectively, "GoPhone Agreement"). GoPhone Agreement can also be found at att.com/gophoneterms. Activation and use of GoPhone service constitutes acceptance of the GoPhone Agreement.
3. Charges. Voice usage is deducted in full-minute increments with partial minutes rounded up to the next full minute at the end of each call. Additional charges plus airtime apply to Directory Assistance calls. On certain plans, per-minute charges and/or the rate plan charge applies to calls made using features, including Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, 3-Way Calling and voicemail access and retrievals, and standard airtime charges apply to 800, 866, 877 and other toll-free calls. Long distance included within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam and the Mariana Islands. Taxes and other fees: In many jurisdictions, certain recurring fees or taxes will be debited from your account balance as allowed by law. Other taxes, surcharges and fees apply on top of refill denominations. Free calls: 611 calls to AT&T automated customer service, calls to inquire about balances, and 911 emergency calls are free. 611 calls to AT&T automated customer service may not work in all areas.
4. Payment and Account Refill. For mobile phones, tablets, and mobile hotspots, you must add money to your account within 26 days of activation, or your account will be cancelled. GoPhone refill cards and other account refills are nontransferable and nonrefundable. The *888* command for refill only works with PINS/Cards purchased from AT&T-owned retail stores and select authorized retail locations and may not work on all device types. Amounts deposited into your account expire in accordance with the stated refill denomination expiration period. Unused account balance is forfeited upon expiration. If you are on a monthly rate plan, the applicable rate plan charge for each renewal period will automatically be deducted from your account balance at the beginning of the day (midnight Central Time) on your rate plan renewal date. Applicable rate plan charge for your selected plan is not refundable and not exchangeable, and any unused services of your plan are forfeited if you change to another rate plan during your plan’s period. If your account balance is insufficient to pay the applicable rate plan charge, you will not be able to use your plan services, data services, or ay pay-per-use services until you refill your GoPhone account with the applicable amount or your rate plan is renewed. GoPhone accounts for phone plans will be canceled 60 days after expiration. GoPhone accounts for data plans will be cancelled 365 days after expiration. A new wireless phone number will be required to reactivate service once account is cancelled. Account balance limit is $500.
5. Voice, Data & Messaging Services for Mobile Phones.
General: Voice, data and messaging services are available on smartphones and basic/messaging phones. Availability of specific services, the time period during which services are available, and eligible devices vary depending on the plan. Voice: Nationwide minutes included in the plans are intended for domestic use only. Additional charges apply to international calls, unless you are on a Monthly plan that includes unlimited calling from the U.S. to Mexico. Unlimited Messaging: Included in Daily and Monthly plans. Unlimited nationwide messaging includes unlimited text, picture and video messages sent and received. Unlimited messaging to Mexico, Canada and select countries includes text messages only. For a list of countries, go to att.com/gophoneIntlText. For details on availability, charges, restrictions, and conditions on all GoPhone phone plans and packages, see the GoPhone brochure or go to att.com/gophone.
Pay Per Minute Plan: Pay Per Minute plan includes the ability to make voice calls, send and receive text messages and use data. All voice calls and text messages are charged at the then prevailing per minute/per message rate. Messaging packages are available for an additional cost. Data service is available only on basic and messaging phones and only at the then prevailing pay per use data rate. If you are using data service on a pay per use basis, your account balance must be at least $5. Data packages are not available. Pay-Per-Use data is not available on smartphones.
Daily Plan: Daily plan includes unlimited nationwide calling and unlimited messaging for a rate charge assessed and paid each day the phone is used to make or receive voice calls, including a call to voice mailbox, or send a text or picture/video/sound message. The day for purposes of the Daily plan rate charge starts at midnight and ends at midnight of next day based on the time zone in which you are located when you make a call or send a message. A minimum account balance sufficient to pay the Daily plan rate charge is required to place or receive the first call of the day or send a message. Data: Pay-per-use data service is automatically available for basic and messaging phones at the then prevailing pay per use data rate. In addition, a Data package is available for an additional charge for all device types. Once the Data package is depleted, basic/messaging phone users will automatically revert to pay-per-use data. To continue using data on a smartphone, customer will need to purchase another data package or customer will be restricted to Wi-Fi.
Monthly Plans: Monthly plans include either an allotment of nationwide minutes or unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited messaging, and may include unlimited calling from the U.S. to Mexico, or data service. Monthly plans are available for 30 days upon payment of the applicable rate plan charge. The day you add the plan is counted as a full day and counts towards the 30 days. Voice: If a Monthly plan includes an allotment of minutes, unused minutes do not roll over and any nationwide airtime overage will be charged at 10 cents per minute. Data: Data availability and allotments vary by plan. If a Monthly plan includes a data allotment, any unused data allotment does not rollover. Certain Monthly plans for smartphones include a high-speed data allowance and thereafter, unlimited data usage at reduced data speeds of up to 128 Kbps for the rest of the 30-day rate plan term. Certain Monthly plans for basic and messaging phones include a data allowance at speeds up to 3G and thereafter, unlimited data usage at reduced data speeds of up to 128 Kbps for the rest of the 30-day rate plan term. Actual speeds vary by device and location. For specific data allowance and speeds on these plans and other details, see the GoPhone brochure or go to att.com/gophoneplans. A data package is available on certain Monthly plans for an additional cost. Pay-per-use data is not available on Monthly plans for Smartphones. US, Mexico & Canada Monthly Plan: Includes unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited calling from the U.S. to Mexico, unlimited messaging and data service. International long distance calls to Canada and calls made while roaming in Mexico and Canada to the US and select countries are included at discounted rates. For the list of countries, go to att.com/gonadp. Finally, it includes unlimited messaging (text, picture, video) while roaming in Mexico and Canada. An international data package for use exclusively while in Mexico or Canada is available for an additional charge.
6. Data Services for Tablets and Mobile Hotspots.
General: Data plans may only be used with eligible tablets, stand-alone mobile hotspot devices, and Car Connection device. Data plans include data allotments for tablets and mobile hotspot devices as detailed in the Data plan section in the GoPhone brochure or at att.com/gophone. Data plans for Car Connection device include unlimited data at speeds up to 128 Kbps. Unused data allowances do not roll over. A data package can be added to Monthly plans for mobile hotspot devices and tablets for an additional cost. International data roaming is not available.
Monthly Data Plans: Available for tablets and stand-alone mobile hotspot devices and are good for 30 days upon payment of the applicable Monthly Data rate plan charge. The day you add the Monthly Data plan is counted as a full day and counts towards the 30 days. If the data allotment is depleted prior to the 30 day term, a monthly data package may be added for an additional charge.
Car Connection Plan: For Car Connection accounts, your account will be funded automatically if you purchase the Car Connection bundle with the included credit and activate your account. If you purchase the Car Connection device without an included credit, you will need to fund your account within 26 days after you have activated service to begin using the device. The applicable rate plan charge for each renewal period will automatically be deducted from your account balance at the beginning of the day (midnight Central Time) on your rate plan renewal date which is 365 days from the date of activation. Applicable rate plan charge for your selected plan is not refundable and not transferable. If your account balance is insufficient to pay the applicable rate plan charge, your rate plan will not renew, and you will not be able to use your Car Connection services until you refill your GoPhone account with the applicable amount and your rate plan is renewed.
7. GoPhone Wireless Home Services.
General: GoPhone Wireless Home Services include GoPhone Wireless Home Phone ("WHP") service and GoPhone Wireless Home Phone & Internet ("WHPI") service. Monthly Plans are available for Wireless Home Services which are good for 30 days upon payment of the applicable Monthly rate plan charge. The day you add the Monthly plan is counted as a full day and counts towards the 30 days. Messaging and international roaming are not supported by Wireless Home Services. For details on availability, charges, restrictions and conditions on Monthly plans for Wireless Home Services, go to att.com/gowirelesshome.
911 calls are routed based on the wireless network automatic location technology. You should expect to provide your location address to the emergency response center responsible for sending first responders (e.g. police, medical assistance, or fire) to your location. WHP Device and Home Base (as defined below) have battery backup power and will work in the event of a power outage. However, if you connect a landline phone to the WHP Device or Home Base that itself required external electric power to operate, you will not be able to place and receive calls over that phone during a power outage.
GoPhone WHP ("GoPhone WHP") Monthly Plan: AT&T Wireless Home Phone device ("WHP Device") required. GoPhone WHP service provides voice service only. WHP Monthly plan includes unlimited nationwide calling. Minutes are intended for domestic use only. Additional charges apply to international calls. Data service is not supported by GoPhone WHP service. Other compatibility restrictions apply. For details, see GoPhone Terms of Service. GoPhone WHP Monthly plan is designed for use only on WHP Device and may not be used with phones, data only devices or Home Base and vice-versa, by tethering devices together, by SIM card transfer, or any other means.
GoPhone WHPI ("GoPhone WHPI") Monthly Plans: AT&T Home Base ("Home Base") required. GoPhone WHPI service provides voice and data service. GoPhone WHPI Monthly plans include unlimited nationwide calling and an allotment of data. Other compatibility restrictions apply. For details, see GoPhone Terms of Service. GoPhone WHPI Monthly plans are designed for use only with Home Base and may not be used with phones, data only devices or WHP Device and vice-versa, by tethering devices together, by SIM card transfer, or any other means. Voice: Minutes included are intended for domestic use only. Additional charges apply to international calls. Data: Data allotments vary by plan and allow you to share monthly allotments among up to eleven (11) internet capable devices connected to Home Base. Any unused data allotment does not rollover. If the data allotment is depleted prior to the 30 day term, a data package is available for an additional cost.
General: Packages contain a specific allotment of data, messages or international services. Packages are available as long as your account balance is not expired. If your account balance expires before the last day of the package term, the package cannot be used and the remaining time on the package will continue to run unless you add money to your account during the remaining days of the package period. You must have an active (not expired) rate plan in order to purchase or renew a package. A package is depleted when you use the entire allotment. Renew a package before its expiration date and any unused allotment will roll over to your renewed package time period. For details on availability, charges, restrictions and conditions on Data, Messaging, and International Services packages, see the GoPhone brochure or go to att.com/gophoneplans.
Data Packages: Monthly: A Monthly Data package is good for 30 days and may be added to an eligible Monthly plan, Monthly Data plan or GoPhone WHPI Monthly plan. Package expires at 12 am Central Time on day 30. When you add a data package to a Monthly plan that includes data service or data allotment, the use of data will be counted against your data package instead of being counted against the data allotment of your plan. If a Monthly plan includes a data allotment, the unused portion of the data allotment in your plan will remain available for use until the last day of your rate plan term, provided you deplete your data package. Thus, you should not add a data package to a rate plan that includes a data allotment until your data allotment is about to be depleted. If you renew your plan during the term of your data package, any data remaining in your data package will continue to be used until the data package expires or is depleted. Daily: A Data package for the Daily Plan is available for an additional charge. The Data Day Pass package begins at the time you purchase the package and ends at midnight (CT) of the day following the day your data package is purchased. After a data package expires or is depleted, usage will be charged according to your underlying rate plan.
Monthly Messaging Packages: Includes an allotment of nationwide messages (voice, picture or video) and may be added only to the Pay Per Minute plan.
Monthly International Services Packages:
International Long Distance Packages: Include an allotment of minutes of international long distance service to landline and/or mobile numbers in specific countries and is good for 30 days. Countries and/or call destinations not included in the package will be charged at standard pay per use rates for international long distance. For details on pay per use charges go to att.com/gointl. For a list of countries and details on calls included in the Standard International Long Distance package, see att.com/gophoneintLD. International Plus Long Distance Package: This package can only be added to the select Monthly plans specified in the GoPhone brochure and may not be purchased more than twice within any 30 day period. If this package is purchased more than twice within any 30 day period, AT&T reserves the right to block international calling and/or suspend or terminate your GoPhone service. For a list of countries and details, see att.com/gophoneintlplus. GoPhone WHS International Long Distance Package: This package can only be added to the GoPhone Wireless Home Phone or Wireless Home Phone & Internet Monthly plans. It may not be purchased more than twice within any 30 day period. If this package is purchased more than twice within 30 days, AT&T reserves the right to block international calling and/or suspend or terminate your GoPhone service. For a list of countries and details, see att.com/gowirelesshome.
International Data Package: Mexico & Canada Data Package: Includes an allotment of data for use exclusively while roaming in Mexico and Canada and is good for 30 days. This package can only be added to the US, Mexico & Canada Monthly plan.
9. Text, Picture/Video Messaging and Instant Messaging.
General: AT&T does not guarantee delivery of messages. Text, picture, and video messages, including downloaded content, not delivered within 3 days will be deleted. AT&T reserves the right to change this delivery period as needed without notification. If you cancel the Text /Picture/Video Messaging service, you will not be able to send and receive messages, but due to technical issues, messages could be received; therefore, AT&T cannot guarantee all incoming messages will be blocked.
Messages are limited to 160 characters per message. You agree you will not use our messaging services to send messages that contain advertising or a commercial solicitation to any person or entity without their consent. You will have the burden of proving consent with clear and convincing evidence if a person or entity complains you did not obtain their consent. Consent cannot be evidenced by third party lists you purchased or obtained. You further agree you will not use our messaging service to send messages that: (a) are bulk messages (b) are automatically generated; (c) can disrupt AT&T's network; (d) harass or threaten another person (e) interfere with another customer’s use or enjoyment of AT&T's services; (f) generate significant or serious customer complaints, (g) that falsify or mask the sender/originator of the message; or (h) violate any law or regulation. AT&T reserves the right, but is not obligated, to deny, disconnect, suspend, modify and/or terminate your messaging service or messaging services with any associated account(s), or to deny, disconnect, suspend, modify and/or terminate the account(s), without notice, for anyone using messaging services in any manner that is prohibited. Our failure to take any action in the event of a violation shall not be construed as a waiver of the right to enforce such terms, conditions, or policies. Advertising and commercial solicitations do not include messaging that: (a) facilitates, completes, or confirms a commercial transaction where the recipient of such message has previously agreed to enter into with the sender of such message; or (b) provides account information, service or product information, warranty information, product recall information, or safety or security information with respect to a commercial product or service used or purchased by the recipient of such message.
Pay-Per-Use Text/Picture/Video Messaging: If your plan does not include messaging service or you don’t purchase a Messaging package, pay-per-use Text /Picture/Video Messaging service is automatically available, just pay for usage. You may remove any pay-per-use service by contacting customer service. There is a charge per message sent or received, whether read or unread, solicited or unsolicited.
General: The absolute capacity of AT&T's wireless data network is limited; consequently, data services may only be used for permitted activities. Pricing and data allowances for data services are device dependent and based on the capabilities and capacity of each device. Data services are designed for use with one of the following device types: (1) Smartphones, (2) basic and messaging phones, (3) tablets, (4) stand-alone mobile hotspot devices, (5) AT&T Home Base and (6) Car Conneciton device. Data only plans are available for use on tablets, stand-alone mobile hotspot devices, and Car Connection devices only. A data service designed for one type of device may not be used with another type of device. Data services and data plans do not allow access to corporate email, company intranet sites, and other business applications. Data speeds are not guaranteed and subject to your device limitations. AT&T may reduce your data throughput speeds at any time or place if your data usage exceeds an applicable, identified usage threshold during any billing cycle. AT&T will provide you with advance notice of the usage threshold applicable to your data plan, or any changes to the applicable usage threshold either by an email, text message or other appropriate means. Data usage is charged in five-kilobyte increments, and actual transport usage is rounded up to the next five kilobytes. Data charges are based on the location of the site receiving and transmitting service and not your location. Mobile broadband, 4G and 4G LTE access requires a compatible device. Data usage applies when using Instant Messaging, and downloading ringtones, games and graphics. In some cases our network will resend data packets to ensure complete delivery. You will be charged for these re-sent packets. For more details on permitted and prohibited uses of data services, see GoPhone Agreement at www.att.com/gophoneterms.
Data with Wi-Fi Hotspot/Tethering: Tethering is a wireless or wired method in which your GoPhone mobile device is used as a modem or router to provide an internet access connection to other devices, such as laptops, network, tablets, smartphones, other phones, USB modems, network routers, mobile hotspots and other data-capable devices. Monthly plans enable data Wi-Fi hotspot/tethering on smartphones, and you may use such rate plans for tethering, subject to your device limitations.
11. International Calling. Per-minute international long distance charges apply in addition to regular airtime charges unless you purchase an International Long Distance package or are on a Monthly plan that includes unlimited calling from the U.S. to Mexico. If you are on a Monthly plan with an allotment of nationwide minutes, your international long distance calls will not be counted against your voice allotment, but you will be charged 10 cents per minute plus the applicable international long distance charge for your international long distance minutes. See att.com/gointl for a list of available countries, rates and other details.
12. Unlimited Voice Services. Unlimited voice services are provided for reasonably uninterrupted live dialogue between two individuals. AT&T may, in its sole discretion, terminate your Service or change your plan to one with no unlimited voice usage if AT&T reasonably determines or has a reasonable basis to believe that you are engaged in any of the following prohibited activities: (1) tethering GoPhone service except as expressly permitted herein; (2) maintaining an open line of communication to provide dispatch or monitoring services; (3) accessing or providing access to multi-party chat line services (separate calls initiated by you but not bridged together); (4) using the Service with a SIM box or SIM server network to generate or simulate voice calls; (5) transmitting broadcasts; (6) transmitting pre-recorded materials; (7) telemarketing; (8) initiating autodialed calls; (9) initiating any other calls or connections that are not for the purposes of uninterrupted live dialog between individuals; (10) using the Service for any fraudulent purpose; or (11) reselling or rebilling the Service either alone or as part of any other good or service).
13. Caller Number ID. Your wireless number may be displayed on outbound calls to other wireless and landline phones with Caller ID capability. Contact customer service for information on blocking the display of your wireless number.
14. Conference Calling and Call Forwarding. If your use of conference calling, including any variation thereof, or call forwarding exceeds 750 minutes per month, AT&T may, at its option, impose a 25¢ per minute usage charge for all calling over 750 minutes using one or more of these features, terminate your service or change your rate plan to one with no unlimited usage components. AT&T will provide notice that it intends to take any of the above actions, and you may terminate the GoPhone service.
15. Off-net Usage. For a listing of available off-net and international roaming locations, where per-minute usage or roaming rates apply, go to att.com/gophone. For any other off-net usage, AT&T may at its option, impose a per minute usage charge or terminate your service. AT&T will provide notice that it intends to take either of the above actions, and you may terminate your service.
©2015 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. Service provided by AT&T Mobility. AT&T recycles used phones. Visit us at: att.com/recycle.