Learn how to secure your device through locking as well as how to request your device be unlocked from the AT&T Network.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set up a secure screen lock with a passcode
• Add a Touch ID
• Erase data
• Adjust screen lock time
• Lock device
• Unlock device
1. From the home screen, select the Settings app.
Note: If you turn Passcode on, you’ll be asked to enter your passcode when you turn on or restart your device, unlock your device, update your software, or erase your device.
2. Scroll to and select Touch ID & Passcode, then select Turn Passcode On.
Note: If passcode settings are unavailable, gray, or dimmed and you can't change these settings, it might be because you're using a configuration profile that requires a passcode. This is common with business or education devices. Contact your IT administrator for more information.
3. Enter your desired passcode, then re-enter your desired passcode to confirm.
Note: To turn passcode off, from the Touch ID & Passcode screen, scroll to and select Turn Passcode Off. You will be prompted to enter your current passcode to confirm. To change your passcode, select Change Passcode then follow the prompts. Learn more from the Apple support article If you forgot the passcode for your iPad or your device is disabled.
1. To add a Touch ID, from the Touch ID & Passcode screen select Add a Fingerprint... and follow the prompts.
2. From the Touch ID & Passcode screen, select the switch next to the desired Touch ID feature to turn it on or off.
3. To allow access to features when iPad is locked, scroll down to ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED then select the switch next to the desired feature(s).
Scroll to and select the Erase Data switch. After ten failed passcode attempts, all settings will be reset, and all your information and media will be erased by removing the encryption key to the data.
Note: When prompted, select Enable.
From the home screen, select the Settings app > select Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock > select the desired option.
Press the Sleep/Wake button to lock the device.
Press the Sleep/Wake button then swipe up from the bottom of the screen. When Touch ID is turned on, the device will unlock automatically when the sensor located on the Sleep/Wake button recognizes your fingerprint.
Note: If using a passcode instead of Touch ID, you will be prompted to enter your passcode to unlock the device.