In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access Wi-Fi
• Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
• Wi-Fi options
• Connect to a Hidden Network
• Quickly Turn Wi-Fi On or Off
When connected to a Wi-Fi network, the Wi-Fi connected icon will be displayed in the Notification bar.
Note: Data transmitted over a Wi-Fi network does not count toward your AT&T data plan, and will not be billed. When using the AT&T network, data rates apply.
1. Press the OK button to access the Apps tray, then press the navigational buttons to highlight the Settings app. Press the OK button to select.
2. From the Network & Connectivity tab, press the down button to highlight Wi-Fi then press the OK button to select.
1. If Wi-Fi is disabled, with On highlighted, press the OK button to enable Wi-Fi services. When Wi-Fi is enabled, press the down button to highlight Available Networks, then press the OK button to select.
2. Press the up or down button to highlight the the desired Wi-Fi network, then press the OK button to select and establish a connection.
Note: If connecting to a secure network, press the down button to highlight the Password field, then use the keypad to enter the Wi-Fi password. Press the right menu button to select Connect. Secure networks will display with a Lock icon.
REFRESH NETWORK LIST: From the Available Networks screen, press the right menu button to select Rescan to refresh the Wi-Fi network list.
FORGET NETWORK: With the desired network highlighted, press the OK button to select. Press the left menu button to select Forget.
Note: Press the right menu button to confirm.
From the home screen, press the up button to access Quick Settings. Press the navigational buttons to highlight the Wi-Fi icon, then press the OK button to turn on or off as desired.
OPTIMIZE BATTERY LIFE: Turn Wi-Fi off when not in use. View Optimize Battery Life for more information.