Backup & Sync
Your messages backed up in the AT&T cloud
Your text and picture messages will be backed up in the cloud for up to 90 days. You can download your messages when you buy a new AT&T Backup & Sync-capable smartphone.
Text from your smartwatch or tablet
Because your messages are in the cloud, you can send and receive texts from a smartwatch or tablet using your mobile number.
Messages sync across your devices
Your message activity syncs in the cloud so you can keep the conversation going from your smartwatch or tablet.
Frequently asked questions
- What is AT&T Messages Backup & Sync?AT&T Messages Backup & Sync is a service integrated into your smartphone messaging app that backs up your text and picture messages in the AT&T cloud and syncs them to your phone. Also:
1. Messages stored in the AT&T cloud can be downloaded to a smartphone that supports Backup & Sync.
2. You can access your messages - and send or receive messages using your mobile number - from your smartwatch or tablet.
- How do I use AT&T Messages Backup & Sync?The first time you use the Messaging app on your smartphone, you’ll be given an opportunity to opt in to use the service. You can also opt in at any time from the Messaging app by going to Settings > AT&T Messages Backup & Sync. Once the service is running, you don’t need to do anything else. Your messages will be backed up in the AT&T cloud and will remain in sync with your smartphone.
- Which smartphones can use AT&T Messages Backup & Sync?
Full list of eligible devices: LG G3 LG G4 LG G Vista 2 LG V10 LG G5 LG K10 LG V20 LG G6 LG K20 LG X venture LG V30 LG Fortune 2 LG Risio 3 LG V35 ThinQ LG Stylo 4 LG V35 LG Phoenix Plus LG Harmony 2 LG Phoenix 4 LG Stylo 4 LG G7 LG V40 ThinQ LG G8 LG Stylo 5 LG Escape Plus LG Arena 2/Neon Plus LG Xpression Plus 2 LG K40 LG Prime 2 LG Harmony 3 LG Stylo 5+ Samsung Galaxy Note 4* Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Samsung Galaxy J3 Samsung Galaxy S6 Samsung Galaxy S6 active* Samsung Galaxy S6 edge Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ Samsung Galaxy Note5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Samsung Galaxy S7 active Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Samsung Galaxy S8 Samsung Galaxy S8+ Samsung Galaxy J7 Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Samsung Galaxy Note8 Samsung Galaxy S9+ Samsung Galaxy S9 Samsung Galaxy S9+ Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 3 Samsung Amp Prime 3 Samsung Galaxy J7 (2018) Samsung Galaxy Sol 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Samsung Galaxy A6 Samsung J2 Pure Samsung Galaxy S10e Samsung Galaxy S10 Samsung Galaxy S10+ Samsung J2 Dash Samsung Note 10 Samsung Note 10+ Samsung Galaxy A10e Samsung Galaxy Fold HTC One (M8)* HTC One M9 Motorola g6 Play Motorola e5 ZTE Axon M.
*Available via update. Check Settings then Software Update.
- Why are my downloaded messages unread?If you have the AT&T Messages Backup & Sync service, but haven’t been using it on a supported device, messages stored in our cloud will appear unread when they’re downloaded to your phone. After you read these messages on your phone, they’ll be in sync with the cloud.
- Why did deleted messages appear after I turned the service on?If you have the AT&T Messages Backup & Sync service, but haven’t been using it on a supported device, messages deleted from your phone have not been deleted from the cloud. The first time Backup & Sync syncs with the cloud, you may see previously deleted messages appear in your inbox. Going forward, any message you delete from your phone will be deleted from the cloud.