Stay connected at home and abroad with AT&T
Use your phone while abroadGet talk, text, and high-speed data in 210+ destinations with AT&T International Day Pass® for $10/day.
AT&T may slow data speeds in U.S. or Mexico if network is busy.
*When added to your Unlimited plan. Coverage and data speed vary by country and may be changed.See offer details
AT&T has you covered in 210+ destinations
International feature required. 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere.
Connect around the world
Call the world for less
Compared to average AT&T int'l rate without add-on.
*Requires a domestic postpaid wireless plan that includes unlimited talk. Pay-per-use rates apply to calls made to other countries. Restrictions apply.See details
Stay in touch while at sea
Shop unlimited plans that work outside the U.S.
Mexico & Canada
Frequently asked questions
- How do I get international roaming services added to my account?
It's easy to add international roaming services online. Review the international options on this page and follow the prompts. AT&T provides multiple options for getting wireless service while traveling abroad, including AT&T International Day Pass, AT&T Cruise Packages, and pay-per-use.
- What do I do upon arrival abroad to make or receive calls?
If you have purchased an international roaming package or otherwise added international roaming service and turned on your wireless phone abroad, it will automatically search for a wireless network. When the name or network number of the local operator is displayed, your phone should be ready to use.
1. To call or send a message back to the U.S., simply dial +, followed by 1, then the area code and number.
2. To call or send a text to another country, dial +, followed by the country code and local number.
With most devices, the + sign will appear if you press and hold the 0 key.
- How do I contact AT&T International Customer Care while traveling abroad?For questions while roaming outside the U.S., contact AT&T by calling +1.314.925.6925, a free call from your AT&T wireless phone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Are there any options specifically for travel to Mexico and Canada?AT&T Unlimited and MobileShare plan customers can talk, text, and use their plan data with an eligible device in Mexico or Canada without roaming charges. Go to att.com/roamlatam for details.
- Are there any options specifically for travel to Latin America?AT&T Unlimited Premium plan customers can talk, text, and use their plan data with an eligible device in Latin America without roaming charges. Go to att.com/roamlatam for details.
- Can I send text messages and access data services while traveling abroad?Text messaging is typically available in all countries in which AT&T has international voice roaming service—more than 225 destinations. Data services are available in over 210 destinations.
Can I use my AT&T phone and cell phone plan internationally?
Yes, you can still use your phone to make calls while traveling abroad. Depending upon your travel destination and phone plan, calls, texts, and data may be included with no roaming charges. If not, AT&T International Day Pass provides coverage in over 210 destinations. You can also connect abroad using 5G International in select destinations.*
*International feature required. 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere.
Why should I get an international phone plan or roaming package?
It depends on your calling and data needs while traveling. AT&T International Day Pass is a great add-on if you want to use your phone like normal when texting friends, posting vacation pics on social media, and streaming your favorite shows in your hotel. It uses your current phone plan’s data limits. You only pay for days you use your phone and charges are capped at 10-days per billing cycle.