Here’s how to track the status of your request:
Good to know:
- Check your email or text messages for updates and instructions. Check your spam folder if you don’t see an email.
- Go to att.com/deviceunlock/status and follow the prompts.
- If you can’t find the email or text message we send you, you can submit another request and we’ll resend it.
- If your device isn’t eligible to be unlocked and you’re traveling internationally, you can choose an AT&T International Plan.
- It usually takes a few minutes to approve your request, but may take up to 48 hours. Note: If you don’t have a wireless phone account, you must confirm your request through the email we sent you.
- iPads® and wearables are already unlocked so you don’t have to submit an unlock request for them.
- If we don’t approve your request, it’s probably because your device isn’t eligible to be unlocked. Review the list of eligibility requirements
On active military duty? Let us know when you submit your request. We’ll ask for your temporary or permanent change of station (TCS or PCS) military documents. You don’t have to complete your installment plan or contract to be eligible to unlock your device.