Personal device requirements
- Is an AT&T phone or device and isn’t active on another AT&T account.
- Has a paid-off installment plan:
- Paid through your monthly bill: Submit your unlock request at the start of your next bill period.
- Paid off early: The wireless number assigned to the device must be active for at least 60 days. Wait 48 hours after you make your final payment to submit your unlock request. Learn how pay off your installment plan.
- Was paid in full when you bought it (it was not purchased on an installment plan). You must wait 60 days from your purchase date to submit an unlock request.
- Doesn’t have a past-due account balance. Make a payment to bring your account current. It will take 24 hours for your payment to post.
- Hasn’t been reported as lost, stolen, or involved with fraud.
- Is an AT&T Prepaid® phone with a Prepaid SIM that has had paid service for at least six months. You must submit your unlock request using the most recent version of the AT&T Device Unlock app.
Good to know: Don't have an account with AT&T? You can still unlock an AT&T device as long as it meets all requirements.
Active-duty military personnel
Being deployed for active duty? You don’t have to complete your installment plan or contract to unlock your device. Make sure you select Yes when we ask if you’re deployed military personnel.
Business device requirements
- Has permission from the company to be unlocked.
- Has a completed contract or term agreement, if applicable.
- Requires a 30-day waiting period to unlock if it was on a two-year contract that was upgraded early.