The color and state of your notification light defines what it’s doing in conjunction with the display matrix or WPS light. If your notification light is:
- Green or yellow: You’ll see these when you’re setting up, pairing devices, or running a speed test. Your hub display will provide additional details.
- Solid red: The light turns red if your hub has an error. Check the display and find the error code. Use the All-Fi Hub status lights (PDF, 313KB) or Error codes FAQ to find a fix.
- Off with clock during set up: Make sure you have completed your registration and set up with Smart Home Manager.
- Off with clock: This means your hub is working correctly.
WPS LED (back of hub)
This light helps you identify the pairing process with other devices on your Wi-Fi network. If the light is:
- Green (blinking): The hub is pairing with a device or restarting after a factory reset.
- Red (blinking): The hub is restarting or it has too many devices trying to pair.
- Red (solid): WPS pairing failed. You can try again or connect with your Wi-Fi® name and password.