AT&T ActiveArmor℠ internet security is network protection through your AT&T Wi-Fi® gateway or All-Fi™ Hub. Some devices use antivirus apps or software to protect them. Other devices may not be as secure. If not properly protected, smart TVs, doorbell cameras, voice assistants, and more can make your Wi-Fi network vulnerable.
ActiveArmor internet security offers network protection for all your devices—both wired and Wi-Fi. It detects threats, suspicious internet activity, and unsafe behavior while also protecting your devices and network.
You can get AT&T ActiveArmor internet security if you have:
- AT&T Smart Home Manager to manage security features
- AT&T Fiber plan based on current speed or Internet Air
- BGW210 or BGW320 Wi-Fi gateway or an All-Fi Hub
If you meet these requirements, you’ll see an AT&T internet security card in Smart Home Manager. You can review the Terms & Conditions and install AT&T internet security from there.
Haven’t used Smart Home Manager yet? You can have all your network connection info right at your fingertips. Manage your network using Smart Home Manager
from your computer, or download the app from the Apple App store
or Google Play store
How it works
ActiveArmor internet security protects your devices by scanning your network traffic. Smart Home Manager will let you know about:
- Device weaknesses
- Known default device passwords (often found on printers and scanners)
- Unsecure or unsafe websites
- Suspicious network traffic between a device and the internet
- Ongoing prevented network attacks
We suggest using an antivirus software for additional protection. Antivirus software protects your devices from infected emails, software, file downloads, USB sticks, or other storage devices.