Access the U-verse TV TS&R tool
If you have U-verse TV service, you can use our Troubleshoot & Resolve tool on your TV. From the U-verse TV remote control:
- Press Menu.
- Select Help > Information.
- Select Troubleshoot & Resolve.
- Press OK.
- Select TV > Remote Control > Troubleshooting, then follow the prompts.
and S30 remote controls
are completely identical in functionality. The only difference is all
of the buttons on the S30 model are backlit. Please follow the S20 instructions for the S30 remote.
Quick Fix tips
Here are some suggestions for troubleshooting your U-verse TV remote control:
- Check the mode buttons - For all but the S20 and S30 remotes, select the AT&T mode button on your U-verse TV remote to control the U-verse TV receiver, which gives you access to the Menu, Channel Guide, and channel functions. Select the TV mode button to control basic TV functions, such as the settings. The DVD mode allows you to control your DVD player, and the AUX mode is for auxiliary equipment.
- Check the batteries - When you press the AT&T button located at the top of the remote control, the button should shine brightly. If the button does not shine, change the batteries.
- Maintain adequate space between the receiver and the TV - Some newer TVs have backlighting that occasionally can interfere with the remote control signal. To minimize the possibility of interference, make sure there is adequate space between your TV and the U-verse TV receiver.
- Aim the remote - Your U-verse TV remote control is sending signals to your receiver. Aim the remote control directly at the receiver, not at the TV or another device. Clear any obstructions between the remote control and the receiver. The remote control works at maximum distance of about 20 feet, so make sure you are within that range.
- Check cables - Check for a snug and secure connection of the video cables between your TV, Gateway, and your receiver. Also, make sure your TV's input settings match the type of cable you are using.
- Restart your receiver - Hold down the POWER button for 10 seconds then press it again to restart. This process will take 5-8 minutes and will impact any DVR recordings in progress.
- Order a replacement remote - visit the online Accessory store to order a replacement U-verse TV remote control.