Reset your PIN from your home phone
Your Authentication Code
is required to reset your PIN from a phone. Use the steps below to reset forgotten PIN from home phone.
Reset your PIN online
- Dial *98 from your home phone or, if away from home, dial your home number and press *.
- Enter the PIN you believe is correct and press # if asked.
- After three failed attempts, the voicemail system will ask if you have forgotten your PIN. Follow the prompts for a forgotten PIN. You will hear a prompt to reset your PIN.
- When you hear the prompt to reset your PIN, press 1.
- When prompted, enter the eight-digit authentication code you created during setup. You will be required to enter it twice.
- Once successful, you will be asked to create a new PIN.
Reset your PIN from your smartphone
- Sign in to myAT&T. Don't have a myAT&T sign-in? Register today!
- Under My Plans on the left, select Phone.
- Select the Voice Features link on the right.
- On the far right, select the Voicemail Settings tab.
- Under General Preferences, select the arrow next to Change PIN.
- Enter your new PIN and confirm by re-entering it.
- Select Save.
- Sign in to your account using the myAT&T app1 or from our mobile site.
- Select My plans & features.
- Select Home Phone.
- Select Manage phone features & settings.
- Select Voicemail PIN and activation.
- Select Create or Change PIN.
- Save your changes.
Your voicemail Personal Identification Number (PIN) is similar to a password. Just like a password is required to receive email, your PIN must be entered each time you retrieve voicemail messages. Voicemail comes with a default PIN which is the last 6-digits of your account number. We recommend you change your default PIN even if you are not using voicemail.See all important details