Reset your PIN from your home phone
Make sure you have your Authentication Code
to reset your PIN from a phone.
Reset your PIN online
- Dial *98 from your home phone. If you're not at home, dial your home number and press *.
- Enter the PIN you believe is correct and press # if asked.
- Listen to the voicemail system prompts that follow three failed attempts. You’ll hear a prompt to reset your PIN.
- Press 1 when you hear the prompt to reset your PIN.
- Enter the eight-digit authentication code you created during setup. You’ll have to enter it twice.
- Create a new PIN.
Good to know:
- Go to your myAT&T account overview.
- Scroll to Voicemail and select Check or manage voicemail.
- Choose Voicemail Settings.
- Select Change PIN in General Preferences.
- Enter your new PIN and confirm by re-entering it.
- Select Save.
Your voicemail PIN is like a password. Just as a password is needed to receive email, your PIN must be entered each time you get your voicemail messages. Voicemail comes with a default PIN, the last 6-digits of your account number. We suggest you change your default PIN even if you're not using voicemail.