Before you send the device back, be sure to clear your personal data and disable all security features on your device. If you don’t, we may have to charge you the full cost of your device. Make sure you:
- Back up your device.
- Disable security features like Find My iPhone or Find My Mobile for Android.
- Sign out of any cloud services.
- Remove all passwords and user locks.
- Erase all personal data like contacts, photos, and videos.
- Remove any accessories or memory cards.
- Reset the device to factory settings.
- Remove your SIM or delete your eSIM.
Want detailed steps? Go to Device Support
and choose your device, then look for the desired task. (if you need eSIM details, look for eSIM in Device info
Or, check out Apple Support: What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch