- How do I cancel service?
Call the number on your invoice or receipt to cancel service. Early termination fees may apply. AT&T will refund any activation fee you might have paid if you cancel service within three days of activation.
Please note that you may have to return any handsets and accessories purchased with the service before service can be cancelled.
- How do I return my device?
If your device was purchased at an AT&T retail, you may return it to any AT&T retail store during the return and exchange period. Restocking and other fees may apply, see the return by device section above.
If you bought your device online at att.com or by phone from AT&T, you can return the device back to any AT&T retail store during the return and exchange period, or contact us to request a return shipping label. When mailing back your return, be sure to keep your tracking number. We have provided a step-by-step checklist to help you return above. Please see “Get Started” link above.
- How do I get my refund for a return?Your refund for a return will be made through the original payment method (credit, debit, check, etc.) and may take up to two months. Any rebates that were part of original purchase will be voided. We may also reduce the amount of refund for restocking fees or shipping charges. For more information about fees that might affect refunds. See return by device above.
- How can I make an exchange?
You can exchange equipment once within the applicable return period. See return by device above.
- If you ordered your new device on the att.com website and need to exchange it for another device, please contact Customer Care and a representative will be happy to assist you.
- If you bought a AT&T Certified Restored device and want to exchange it for a brand-new version of the same device, you will have to pay the price difference between the AT&T Certified Restored and new device.
- You will be required to sign a new contract under these conditions:
- The price you paid for the original equipment was a term commitment price.
- The new equipment has a different Early Termination Fee (ETF) associated with it from the original equipment, e.g., you exchange from a basic phone to a smartphone.
The new contract term will restart from the date the new agreement is signed. This will be your new Service Commitment date. However, your service activation date (the date you signed your first contract) will not change for any purpose, including, but not limited to, applicable warranty period and calculating any Early Termination Fees (ETF) you may be obligated to pay.
- What is Like New ConditionThe device must be in like-new condition with no physical or water damage. - Must be in manufacturer’s original packaging. - Must include original components including the device, battery, charger, manual, unopened software. - A copy of the invoice or receipt ** if anything is missing or the device is not in like-new condition, your return may not be accepted.