Talk and data services will only work for AT&T PREPAID wireless phones and devices that support at least 4G LTE and HD Voice. Here's how to upgrade an AT&T PREPAID device:
Have session-based pricing for a data-only device?
- Visit one of our stores to get a new phone.
- Place your SIM card into the new phone. (If your SIM card doesn’t fit, get a new SIM card kit from our store.)
- Sign in to att.com/myprepaid.
- Select My Device, then Update Device.
- Follow the prompts to update your IMEI or SIM card number.
After shutting down our 3G network, your data-only device will only work if it supports 4G LTE speeds and higher. See all important details