Follow these steps to report and remove spam from your inbox:
- In your inbox, check the box to the left of the problem email.
- In the email toolbar, select Spam.
- Choose an option to move the email to your spam folder and notify our system:
- Report Spam: For general spam emails from a contact or company.
- Report a Hacked Account: For a suspicious email that comes from a known contact, which you suspect the contact didn't intend to send.
- Report a Phishing Scam: For a suspicious email that asks you for your password, credit card number, or other personal information.
You can also forward spam to us at email@example.com
so that we can investigate it further. Make sure you include the full header so we can find out exactly where it came from.Unmark as spam
If a legitimate email is accidentally filtered into the spam folder, it's easy to correct:
Create and manage filters
- Check the box to the left of the email.
- Select Not Spam from the email toolbar. The email will be moved to your inbox.
You can create filters to send particular emails to spam, to a folder, or to your inbox. Follow these steps to manage your filters.
- From the gear icon in the top left of your inbox, select Settings.
- Select Filters.
- Select Add to create a filter. From there, you can also Edit or Remove filters.
- Select the conditions for your filter, and where it will be sent.
- Use the up and down arrows on the right to prioritize your filters.
- When you're finished, select Save.